Friday, September 07, 2012

Week Wrap Up and Weekend Links


7th grade

I swear - he was 2 a few months ago.


Pre-K, 5th grade, 3rd grade

As of Wednesday all Hendrick brains are officially being overloaded with information.  Today was our second day of school work at home.  Eight years of homeschooling and the first week inevitably finds me walking around the house muttering things like, "Uh.  Er.  Huh. Hmmm.  Where did all these kids come from?  Have I really done this before?"  The first week also finds the kids grumping around the house asking questions like, "Why? Why do we have to learn? Why can't we climb trees and catch turtles the rest of our lives?"  I have four words to say after our first week of school.  Is it summer yet?

Note to self for next September:  You'll find your groove again - eventually.  Slow, sleepy, unscheduled summers take some time to shake off, but soon you'll all surface and find Routine standing on the shore, ready to welcome you back home.

Yes - we learned about alliteration this week.  What of it?

We're still a part of a Classical Conversations community.  In a nutshell - our kids are classically educated.  They go to "school" one full day a week where they are presented with new information, show off their completed work to their peers/tutors, and then are home completing assignments the other four days of the week.

What's the haps in your part of the world this weekend?  We're still swamped in the land of community theater.  While the boys and I are running through Act One of the Music Man, Aaron will be tilling up the earth at our house. The ground is finally ready for some fall garden action.

How about some weekend links?

If you've ever sat through that moment when you hear a diagnosis for one of your kids, grab a box of tissues and watch this.  You are loved and you are not alone.

This caused me to stand and stare at my refrigerator.  Interesting.

This wrecks me.

I want these for winter.  I'm annoyingly cold-natured.  You don't want to be around me when the weather drops below 80.

Oh heavenly day - I'm in love with all of these.  All of them.

Where has this bad boy been all my life?

It's still 100 degrees in Texas, so why am I pinning things like this and this and this?

This is a new development. Check it out.  Are you following along?

Need to laugh this weekend?  Read the comments under this ridiculous new product from BIC.

If you're already laughing, this was such a funny idea.  The comments are hilarious.

Parenthood starts this week!

Oh. We've got Trouble. (hands on knees) Right Here in River City. (hands in the air) With a Capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool.  (exit stage right)

Happy Weekend!






     

3 comments:

Amanda @ wandering said...

Thank you for the link to the extreme parenting video. We are in the phase of many doctor appointments and therapies, trying to get a diagnosis of the developmental delays our 21 month old has.

Laurel Feierbach said...

I love Parenthood...my favorite show!

Ashley said...

Ahahahahahaha! I am wiping the tears from my eyes with the last two. Where did you even find these?