Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Favorite Fall Food::Pumpkin Muffins



2 1/2 c. sugar
8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
4 eggs
15 oz. can of pumpkin
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Combine sugar, softened cream cheese, and softened butter, mixing until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in pumpkin. Add combined dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Pour into greased and floured muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I got this recipe from a friend a hundred years ago.  My boys associate fall with pumpkin muffins.  Because I detest baking, my favorite plan is to make a whole bunch of these, let them cool, then freeze the muffins in large freezer bags.  When the boys want one, they take a muffin out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave.  I only cook once, but the boys have muffins for weeks.  Best. Baking. Plan. Ever. 

This year, with the help of people way smarter than myself, I'm determined to come up with a paleo pumpkin muffin.

Happy Fall, ya'll.

3 comments:

beth lehman said...

i saw this recently and thought of you: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/09/pumpkin-yogurt-parfaits-392-recipe-098.html haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty good!

Anonymous said...


I recently made these paleo pumpkin muffins and they were nearly as good as non paleo. Other than using real maple syrup for the honey called for I made them exactly like the recipe.

http://caitsplate.me/2012/08/01/spiced-paleo-pumpkin-almond-muffins/

MeldaET said...

OF COURSE your recipe has cream cheese....just sayin'