Monday, August 20, 2012

Family Camp Hangover
















After brainstorming "How can we live at Family Camp forever" and failing to come up with a solid plan, we reluctantly said good-bye to Camp Tejas yesterday afternoon.  We drug our tired bodies in the front door of our house and quickly began the process of doing absolutely nothing.  This morning I sat on the couch and watched every single family member surface from their post-Family Camp coma.

"I feel like someone is squeezing my legs really tight." -- Ashton

"It hurts to breathe.  I can barely move."  -- Hayden

"My entire body hurts.  It hurts so bad, there is no way I can do school today."  -- Anson (insert eye roll from his mother)

"Can you massage my back, mom?  It feels like it is about to fall off."  -- Anson

"I wish I could have experienced camp with less of my body." -- Aaron

Hudson woke up running a fever.  These people are falling apart over here.  I have no idea what's wrong with my family.  I mean - it's not like they did anything physical this weekend.  Such a mystery.
Laugh at your friends, and if your friends are sore; So much the better, you may laugh the more. -- Henry Ward Beecher

5 comments:

mandi said...

I thought that was Camp Tejas! So much fun, right?

Terri said...

My arm is sore from dodge ball! So sad...

beth lehman said...

oh, my. what a fabulous place to be with boys (i mean, any kids, but BOYS!!)!! those comments? killer!

Allie said...

Yes, I know what they mean. I learned last year that it was not worth it to go to the lake. My body was not happy with me after it.

Four Little Penguins said...

I don't know why this made me think of you...
http://www.dump.com/parentsrap/

Enjoy. lol