Friday, August 31, 2012

Cotton Cousins


I'm not sure what I love most about this picture.  The white, wide-open field of cotton or how my niece barreled into Hayden with a bear hug when I said, "Look this way you guys - I want a picture." Last weekend was loads of fun with my nieces.  It's true - a cousin is a ready-made friend for life.

Got any interesting plans this weekend?  We'll be at the theater practicing and then we'll be at the theater practicing and then - oh.  Yes.  We'll be at the theater practicing.  This play is taking over our life, but in that way that's fun and full of joy and energy.  We're walking around the house singing Wells Fargo Wagon and laughing at Ashton who has perfected his lisp so much he's now lisping for no good reason - just because he can.

How about some weekend links?

I'm making a big bowl of this to have on hand for this busy weekend.

Got a Home Depot in your town?  These are free and fun.

If you have boys, prepare for them to want to watch this 142 times.  Don't forget to push "A" at the end.

This made me laugh.

If you love Flight of the Conchords, this is perfection.

Watching that made me want to watch this again.  And of course this.

This girl makes me happy.  I may actually go to the mall if this would happen while I was there.

This is beautiful and honest.

Hope your Labor Day Weekend is filled with whatever activities bring you rest and life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: Your "Lowe's" link takes you to a Home Depot activity.

Hendrick Family said...

Ha! Oops!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.

Sarah Bessey said...

Thanks for including me - appreciate it. And nice to "meet" you.

- Sarah