Saturday, April 21, 2012

Earth Day Photo Booth


The event today went really well.  We're both so tired we want to cry but since we're on the computer anyway uploading photos to our website, why not pop over here and jot down a few observations?

1.  My brother-in-law who bravely handled kid duty this morning walked into the door, took one look at the signs I had made for the Earth Day photo booth and said, "Why do you have a giant, pink Mercedes emblem?"  What?  Shut up.  That's a peace sign.  "Uh...no," he said.  "That's a Mercedes symbol."  Wow.  I'm a dummy.  I quickly did surgery on my sign, and we all spell checked the other ones.

2.  We drove a giant diesel truck up to the Earth Day Event.  Then we proceeded to allow our truck to run while we unloaded a butt-load of Earth Day supplies.  The people helping us transport our booth materials were thrilled.  


3.  Since our kids hung out at our booth today, I'm pretty sure we allowed 80 snow cones each just to keep them happy.  This is why they are like bouncy balls at the moment.






4.  The photo booth was really fun, and we got to meet a ton of families, business owners, and city officials today.  The fact that people are really excited and thankful for this new service to families in our area was extremely encouraging.

5.  People are way more into a photo booth than you'd ever expect.  When I'd be giving my shpeel about the new website and the photo booth, I'd read a person's face during my verbal presentation and think, "I'll offer the photo booth option just to be nice, but aint no way this stoic person is going to actually put on an afro wig and cheese it up in the photo booth."  Wrong.  I was always wrong.  Someone could look like they wanted to throw me in a recycling bin while I was explaining the photo booth and then say, "Yes!  I'd love to do it!  Kids, grab a rake and a raccoon costume."  There is a lesson here, and I think it's this:  I can't read people.

6.  It seems ironic that on Earth Day so many people handed out fliers and my kids came home with a bag full of junk I want to trash.  Hmmm.


And don't you think for one minute I'd leave the photo booth without really earthing it up.  
I heart my netti pot.  It saves the earth and my sinuses.


And girl, don't even get me going about my diva.  Happy Earth Day!

15 comments:

Josh and Ricci said...

i literally just stared at that last picture for a good 45 seconds.

then i realized i was staring at your diva. you know, because you took a picture. with your diva.

then i got a little worried josh would ask what i was staring at.

"cereal boxes honey... just identifying all the cereal boxes."

Kay said...

That last picture is hilarious. Still laughing! You never cease to amaze me! I love your blog! And I too, love my diva! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Too funny. You brought your Diva cup. My husband just about dies when I leave it in the shower, better yet if I were to post a picture of me with it on my blog. Gah!

Catherine said...

Just a random reader here - I know Kirby from college. You need to add a link to your website on your side bar! Maybe I missed it? Anyway, I keep scrolling back to your original post about it to check it out - and I don't even live in the area! Glad the earth day booth was a success!

Debi Stoll said...

OK...I'll bite...

What the heck is the Diva?

Jenny said...

oh you crack me up, I too think my husband would disown me if I posted a pic of me with my diva :)

so glad the booth was a success!

Tae RM said...

@ Debi Stoll the diva cup is awesome... once you try it, you never go back...

this website will explain all:
http://www.divacup.com/

Soko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soko said...

The Diva!!!!! My husband is appalled when I mention mine publicly. I say if it saves the planet AND keeps me from having to run for the bathroom for a tampon change every hour, I'm thoroughly happy. The body just is never the same after birthing multiple children. Sigh! On a hilarious note, the coffee shop at one of our local colleges has a bowl of Divas for sale on the counter. I'd like a grande soy vanilla latte and a Diva Cup to go, please!

mandi said...

Oh no you didn't!!!

Carrie said...

So glad you guys had a blast! Pretty sure that's the first time the Diva has been featured with Fruit Loops. Gonna have to say that I go in and out of diva cup infatuation. But, then again, this is not a "why can't you use this thing correctly?!" post.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

You do NOT diva!

You DO?????????????

Photobooth said...

Hmmm a great way to advocate recycling, now I have an idea on what to do with the boxes of cereal we gather I think I'm gonna create my own photobooth for my daughter's bday using boxes of cereals.

dokan sam said...

Photo Booth is a function that produced by Apple that uses a built-in iSight camera to take photos and videos.Thanks for the inspiring article.
Areas - London, Essex, Kent

m jillarsen said...

Wow! nice your page.
That's excellent...........
For more information visit our website here...
Photobooths world