The event today went really well. We're both so tired we want to cry but since we're on the computer anyway uploading photos to our website, why not pop over here and jot down a few observations?
1. My brother-in-law who bravely handled kid duty this morning walked into the door, took one look at the signs I had made for the Earth Day photo booth and said, "Why do you have a giant, pink Mercedes emblem?" What? Shut up. That's a peace sign. "Uh...no," he said. "That's a Mercedes symbol." Wow. I'm a dummy. I quickly did surgery on my sign, and we all spell checked the other ones.
2. We drove a giant diesel truck up to the Earth Day Event. Then we proceeded to allow our truck to run while we unloaded a butt-load of Earth Day supplies. The people helping us transport our booth materials were thrilled.
3. Since our kids hung out at our booth today, I'm pretty sure we allowed 80 snow cones each just to keep them happy. This is why they are like bouncy balls at the moment.
4. The photo booth was really fun, and we got to meet a ton of families, business owners, and city officials today. The fact that people are really excited and thankful for this new service to families in our area was extremely encouraging.
5. People are way more into a photo booth than you'd ever expect. When I'd be giving my shpeel about the new website and the photo booth, I'd read a person's face during my verbal presentation and think, "I'll offer the photo booth option just to be nice, but aint no way this stoic person is going to actually put on an afro wig and cheese it up in the photo booth." Wrong. I was always wrong. Someone could look like they wanted to throw me in a recycling bin while I was explaining the photo booth and then say, "Yes! I'd love to do it! Kids, grab a rake and a raccoon costume." There is a lesson here, and I think it's this: I can't read people.
6. It seems ironic that on Earth Day so many people handed out fliers and my kids came home with a bag full of junk I want to trash. Hmmm.
And don't you think for one minute I'd leave the photo booth without really earthing it up.
I heart my netti pot. It saves the earth and my sinuses.
And girl, don't even get me going about my diva. Happy Earth Day!