Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Art You Eat


I love when the strangest of objects becomes an art form.  Eggs as a canvas.  I'm not sure who came up with the idea of dying and decorating eggs, or how something so odd became popular prior to Pinterest ever existing. I'm just glad egg dying caught on.  How many other art forms do you get to create and then turn into egg salad?  I've never sat down and officially counted, but I'm thinking the number may be really low.  As low as 1.




I'm also not sure why a table filled with cups of dye...a potentially, permanent mess waiting to happen...does not stress me.  Yet baking with my kids does.  It's mysterious.


Something else I'm not sure about...whether or not this child could be any cuter.




What I am sure about is this:  If you dye eggs with four boys, the design of choice will be...alien faces.  We had a whole planet's worth of different alien eggs this year.


 Take me to your leader.

2 comments:

Melda said...

okay....how do you get black eggs?
That's what I want to know.

A little jealous,
We didn't get good rich color like you did....
but we did indeed have Star Wars creatures!

John said...

Oh, you disappointed this time, Heather. We totally expected something more like "Take me to your beater." !!!