Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekends are for Remembering

{{Originally Posted February 2007}}
I walked into the dining room to find

cute little boy

crayons

coloring book

three year old fisted hand turning Ninja Turtles green

As I passed by the precious person I heard him say in his so tiny voice...

more to the turtles than to me

"I tee-teed in a boot."

I looked past the paper turtles to the open door behind my child

And saw



a boot that had indeed been peed in and upon

I walked, dumbfounded, back to the child whose chubby fingers held the green and said,

"Did you tee-tee in that boot?"

He did not look up.

He did not stop.

He was drawing lines on the turtle ninja's head and said...

"Yes."

I called for Aaron.

Aaron came.

Ashton colored.

I said, "Will you tell your Daddy what you did?"

I think Aaron was expecting to hear something related to arts and crafts.

Again...

Ashton kept working

coloring

Creating away in his race car underwear.

White, pudgy baby legs sticking out begging to be squeezed.

Studying Raphael Ashton answered his dad...

"I tee-teed in a boot."

Mother laughing.


Father wondering if he should discipline this child.

Ashton transforming turtles from gray to green.

Kids have a way of turning a gray world green.

That's life with boys.

Life with boots.

Life with tee tee and the various "What in the world were you thinking?" places to put it.

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Too funny.

Bob & Judy said...

I don't want him to be 5 years older than that picture.

The Tiptons said...

My students at school are testing all day, so the pass the time I decided to catch up on your blog....I started laughing so hard that I cried. My kids kept asking me if I was okay....