Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Get Your Love On


White chocolate popcorn from Make and Takes.
Did you know you can order fair trade white chocolate from Sweet Earth Chocolates?


Eight cousins living across the driveway from each other 
means we always have access to an instant party.


















Pie from Royer's.  Whoa.  Mama.
This place makes me proud to be a Texan.

I never know what to make of the Valentine's madness.  One one hand, taking a day to intentionally love the people around us is probably a good exercise.  On the other hand, Jesus seems to be saying that loving the people around me...my family...my friends...my children...that's easy.  Loving people I like hardly calls for a celebration.  But loving my enemies?  Loving those who are difficult to love?  Loving the ones who rarely or never love back?  Loving those that have hurt us or wronged us?  No need to break out the streamers and the party hats, cause I haven't figured that kind of love out yet.

But I want to, don't you?

Love your enemies.  Do good to them.  Lend to them without expecting to be repaid.  Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.  Luke 6:35

5 comments:

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I do want to.

sending you virtual truffles,
Cherylanne

royers round top cafe said...

thanks for the post!! sooo glad y'all got pie!!

mandi said...

I love Valentine's day! I know most people think it's fluff, but it's always been one of my favorite days.

Those cousin pics are so precious! The last one with Ashton and LR is so perfect!

Christy said...

That pie looks AMAZING! Great...now I'm craving pie ;)

Andrea said...

Ok, seriously... if you post another picture of Bluebell I might not ever read your blog again. :) We have lived in SE Asia (outside of Bluebell country by just a little) for 2.5 years. I know you understand because you've lived that but it really is just plain meanness. My mouth is watering!