Monday, December 19, 2011

New Family Photos:: New Blog Design



The talented and patient Troy Livesay took some photos for our family this past week.  The same night he took our pictures, he also made Kung Pow Chicken and let us eat it.  Family photos + Kung Pow Chicken = A few hours when we all thought maybe Troy could jump over high buildings and pull off wearing stretchy pants.

Tara held a flash high in the air.  It felt so legit.  We looked like freaks on the streets of Port-au-Prince.

Thank you Troy for making us look a lot cooler than we really are...and for making us look less sweaty and less ready to strangle our kids.

This year was one of the least stressful picture taking years.  Why you ask?  Because I was sure whatever endeavors I made for us to match and look nice and all be smiley would be ruined by the time we drove two short miles to where we were taking the photos.  So there was no color scheme for our clothing.  The only request of the boys:  Please don't lean up against your dad's nasty truck.  The kid's shoes were filthy.  The clothes I wanted to wear looked dumb on me, and I changed them at the very last minute.  These are some of the only shirts we own that don't have weird little holes in them.  Why this happens to clothing here is a huge mystery to me.  So there ya go.  I had low expectations..heck...I practically had zero expectations and it turned out great.  I'm sure we owe it all to Tara's high-held flash.

The real us
It looks like I'm trying to push out a baby and Aaron is a serial killer.

Haiti makes me over the top nutty most days, but I must hand it to this country....it has a way of turning type A, first born control freaks into people who are totally like, "Meh" about things they used to be insane about.  I think I will be forever grateful for this phenomenon once it stops making me wonder if I should move into an insane asylum.

Thank you Aaron Hendrick for making this here blog look so bangin.  You are the best, and I already know you can pull off stretchy pants.

And thank YOU for bearing with me as I sound like I'm accepting an Oscar or something.  Sheesh.

I'll shut it up now because I sound a tad bit obnoxious, and we all know I need to save my acceptance speech for when I receive my Oscar for guest appearance on Glee.


We're off to this magical place this morning to celebrate a soon to be eight year old.  Why do babies have to get bigger?  Why oh why oh why oh why?

18 comments:

stephanie garcia said...

I love the new blog design and family photos. God bless. :)

Ruth said...

Seriously? You look like THAT when you're pushing out a baby? Cause I look WAY less attractive at that moment. :-)

I hear you about the little holes in shirts. I've never figured that one out.

Great pictures! Have a good time today.

Shelly Rude said...

I love your new pictures & completely understand the frustration of trying to make it look "normal".You have such a beautiful family & God is using all of you in such tremendous ways. Merry Christmas!

Megan said...

You look like a freaking movie star! Seriously, woman, you are stunning! Love the new pictures and the new look!

mandi said...

It looks great! And so do the new pictures!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I dig.

It. You. Them. That. Whatev.

All of it.

Bye.

Oh, and your hair.

Cami Franklin said...

LOVE! I love Hudson in the top pic! You do such a great job at describing your family - and the pics tied it all together! PERFECTION!!!! Can't wait to meet you in person in Feb!!!!
Cami

Jeremy Tarpley said...

Like the new design and love the pictures, good job guys.

T & T Livesay said...

I am taking credit for pushing to use that red-gate as the last pose. Red gate wins!!!

Kim said...

I agree with a previous comment. Your hair looks fabulous. Also....thanks for not putting together one of those nauseatingly perfect family portraits. I love the realness of your family! :)

Lo*ly*gag said...

It looks great! And do not fear, we have had those mystery holes in our clothes this past year too (usually down low, around our bellies? Why?). Can not figure it out.

Merry christmas!

Grace said...

Love the new blog design, and your family pictures = beautiful!

Nancy from Ohio said...

What a wonderful "normal" family!!!

Pamela Nees said...

Great new photos. You all look great.

I gotta say-I do get the biggest kick out of just reading your posts. Your "funny-ness" comes out every time. A good sense of humor and a good sense of who you "really" are spills out! Thanks for being real. I love it.

And I love you all for what you are doing and that we are brothers and sisters in our blessed Christ.

mindingmomma said...

Great photo!

christine mae Engcoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christine mae Engcoy said...

The pictures tell that you really have a happy family and what ever dress you wear it doesn't matter as long as your with the family.Its smile has a story to tell and am going to do it too taking pictures with my family usingEPSON Ultra Premium Luster Photo Paper

cristmae said...

Family pictorials by Epson Presentation