Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tidbits from Today


I have missed this part of Haiti.
I have not missed the two hours of traffic we sat in today 
while only covering six miles of ground.
Road rage.
Never knew I had it in me until we moved here.

Our boys are back to being shirtless.

They have barely been in the house since we landed. The yard in the new house is covered with lizards.
These boys must catch them all. It's their destiny. The neighbor boys are helping by catching lizards in their own yard, sticking them in an empty water bottle then throwing the lizard-filled water bottle over the tall wall to our boys. Boys bond over lizards.  Proven fact.

The house where we are temporarily living is fantastic.  We have the most precious landlords who live above us.  Introductions coming soon.


This is the view outside my kitchen window.
It's lovely.
Those flowers.  The crisp Caribbean sky.
Jealous?
Well don't be.


This is the complete view outside my kitchen window.
The beauty. The toilet.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
This one describes Haiti perfectly.
It makes me smile every time I'm washing dishes.

6 comments:

McElroy Family Happenings said...

So stinking funny!

Jordana M. said...

That post made me laugh so hard....jealous of the toilet.

Enjoy your new home! And the toilet!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

i vaguely remember having this exact convo with you on our way to austin right before you left.

as we were stuck in austin traffic i posed the question of,"Can you imagine being in traffic every. single. day?"

and you answered,"yes. yes i can!" and then you probably wanted to slap me!

hooray for awesome avocados and mangoes though! i'm jealous of that for sure!

glad to see the boys have made their way to the trees and lizards where they belong.

love you guys!

Stacey said...

Makes me smile too! Go plant some flowers in it or...if the bathroom is occupied, you know where you can go in an emergency! And the view from there is heavenly, if you look up, right?

Amanda said...

This post made me happy. :)

Glad to hear everyone is safely back. Can't wait to see what this year brings!

Debi Stoll said...

MANGOES!!! They are calling my name.