Sunday, August 28, 2011

Miles Update

I'm not a medical person so I'm not even going to attempt to explain what is going on with Miles medically.  What I can do is pass along what Jared and Jalayne are asking people to pray about for their situation and their precious baby.

Jared and Jalayne have made the decision to try and get Miles to the United States for care.  The problem is, Miles does not have a US passport since he was born here in Haiti and is only three days old.  Jared and Jalayne are asking that we pray that they are able to get Miles to the United States promptly and that whatever needs to happen with paperwork would be done in a timely manner.

Jared and Jalayne have been so strong as they have had to make difficult decisions for their son.  Please pray for Miles and for this sweet couple.  Navigating health care in Haiti is incredibly difficult even when you are not sleep deprived and have not just birthed a baby.  Throw into the mix embassy related issues and the fact that this couple is truckin' along is nothing short of a miracle.  Please pray that God's love and peace sustains them.

Please pray God heals this baby and that Jared and Jalayne feel God's presence and see His hand in every piece of what lies ahead for them.

16 comments:

Karen said...

Praying for this family and sweet baby.

Pamela Nees said...

Praying for the family.

You guys, too.

May God be glorified.

Tiff said...

Praying!

Anonymous said...

Praying!

Gwenn Mangine said...

Thanks for keeping us posted Heather. I am praying.

Jana said...

Still praying.

Sara said...

Thanks for the update! We're praying!

Becca said...

I just had my baby 3 weeks ago and found out he had a major heart defect after his birth . . . so my heart goes out to this couple and I will be praying hard for them tonight!

Sharon Wheeless said...

Thanks for posting this and reminding me that I don't have any real problems. Praying for baby Miles. Please keep us updated.

ManyBlessings said...

Said a prayer.

I can't even imagine.

God is there with you all.

alicia said...

Praying! Delivered our baby boy august 15... Can't imagine how tired & emotionally drained they must be! God is sovereign. praying peace & speed!

Zoanna said...

In faith I am sending you this link and praying it's a connection for you. I know nothing about the company except what I've read here tonight. Trusting God that He directs you where you need to go. But let me say, do not pick an office on the East Coast. The hurricane has caused a lot of logistical and physical problems (power outages, flooding, and so forth) so you might not get thru as fast. Try the Houston one. Does a newborn need a passport?

Zoanna said...

I'm not sure why, but I keep getting the sense when I pray that Miles might have a parasite? I obviously know nothing more than what you said, "a fever," which could be cause from a lot of different things. But if the parents want to get him to the US, I would suggest Children's Hospital in Atlanta because they are excellent and are close to a hospital that specializes in disease control. AGain, not knowing any particulars,
only feeling the need to give you these bits of info that I think are from the Lord. If I'm wrong, I will chance it. If I didn't say anything out of fear of being thought weird, I couldn't live w/ myself. You may already have ideal connections, so take it for what it's worth. Children's Hospital in Atlanta.

Zoanna said...

Oops! Here's that link.

http://www.traveldocs.com/aboutus.htm

M at Hidden Valley Simplicity said...

I'm praying and checking often for updates.

Joy @ Artful Homemaking said...

We're still praying for them!