Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home in Haiti

All blurry photos courtesy of my cell phone.
Hudson's undying love for Adele came in real handy for the marathon day of flying.


We left our hotel on the 4:30 a.m. shuttle.  6 fifty pound bags.  4 back packs.  1 over-loaded, heavy purse.  3 jam-packed carry on bags.  One giant stuffed dog.   All of us tired.  Me.  Alone with four sleepy kids.  It seemed like a recipe for disaster.  Turns out, it wasn't.  The day went surprisingly well.  I will go so far as to say it was almost easy.  What the what?  I know.  Crazy.


 

I cried myself to sleep the night before we left.  I wondered how I would feel when I got back to Haiti.
Seeing Aaron was wonderful.  He always feels like home to me.  Sorry Adele.  Aaron felt like home to me long before your talented lungs put the words to music.  Driving home I was overcome.  I know.  That's an overused word.  There is no other word to use. Overcome.  I was overcome with love for the moms and babies I saw on the street.  I realized how much I missed these beautiful people.  They have my heart in a vice grip.  Peace.  I felt it.

I am truly happy to be back.  The kids are like tiny little spaz balls.  Isn't that a gift?  We had our reunion with the Livesays, the McHouls, and so many other sweet friends.  It was bliss.

It is unbelievably hot.  I have been soaked in sweat since we landed.  I slept with two fans blowing on me last night so that no skin was without moving air.  What a weird life.

Thanks for praying for us yesterday.  Four tired kids, one mother, and 400 pounds of luggage (not exaggerating)...and the day went smoothly.  How could it not have been grace and prayer?

9 comments:

Fiveboys said...

What a gift. Thank you, Jesus, for a smooth day. We do not deny that it was YOU alone.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

OH, how I prayed. And I was right about Huddy, no??

mandi said...

This is what I was hoping to hear. Everything from easy travel day to overwhelming happiness to be back home in Haiti.

love you guys.

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

I'm so glad, Heather. What sweet pics! I'm so glad that you feel God's peace. What a gift that you made that trip by yourself and every tired child cooperated. God is among you always. So glad to hear it!

Stacey said...

Glorious, no doubt! Praise Jesus for his goodness!

Marla Taviano said...

Thank you, Jesus!!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

it makes my heart happy to hear all of this.

every. single. word.

and seeing Huggy Bear sleeping soundly on the plane next to Hudson is bliss!

praise God for extra seats!

Love you crazy people so much!

renee said...

For some one who has trouble being without husband, this is à very big action and i applaud you witheet being so string to do this.
Good luck for the coming year, and i pray you god 's blessing

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

true dat to what renee said.

you should've seen heather checking into the hotel. she was a baller on mission and did NOT even miss a beat (except for when the bags would not let us into the room). i was so proud of her!