Friday, July 22, 2011

Farewell Magical Week

We celebrated 15 years of marriage by spending the last few days in Austin, Texas: home of all things weird. Aaron's precious (and brave) mother has been with our wild crew.  She has achieved sainthood in my heart this week.


Aaron and I stayed up late.  Enjoyed sleeping and "not sleeping."  Only ate two meals a day because we slept through the first one.  Aaron bought me a vintage owl necklace at one of the funkiest shops I've ever been into.  We visited at least 15 resale shops.  Spent 3 uninterrupted, blissful hours in Ikea.

Epic.  That's what this week has been.

When I'm wailing and thinking I just might die as the kids get older and move out, will someone please remind me of this week?  It was sweet to realize that Aaron is still my favorite person that ever lived.  That's a gift every marriage should treat itself to every 15 years or so.

Headed back to the real world...the one filled with laundry and grocery store shopping and four little boys that have made us better people with a lot to share with one another when those four crazies are hanging out with their grandma.

7 comments:

Fiveboys said...

Ahhhh, yes. My lovely husband and I spent 3 days in Chicago this past week while my mom watched our 5 boys. Aren't grandmas the best? And we only ate 2 meals a day as well. So fun.

~Sue

Melda said...

Grandmas ROCK!!!
Happy Anniversary!~

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

I'm so glad that you had a chance to 1) spend time with Aaron 2) celebrate 15 years of marriage (EVERYONE should do that), and 3) spend time in Austin (our favorite city). Happy Anniversary. We LOVED your wedding pics. You are a special couple.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

"Not sleeping".

Also - we always sleep through breakfast when given the chance. There's nary a morning person amongst our union.

Also? You've got good lips.

byehicara

oops - that was my word verification. hicara. Let me try that again, only in the right place this time...

mandi said...

Oh what fun!!! please tell me you ate at Torchy's Tacos? And East Side Cafe? And Hey Cupcake?
I love your necklace. It looks great wrapped around your pretty face.

Kim said...

ow owwww hot mama!

love that necklace :) glad you got some time away with your man!

jamie said...

Hi Heather! I apologize for the length of this comment. I've been reading your blog since last winter, and since then God has used you to minister to my heart in numerous ways. my husband and I were about to bring a group of college students to Haiti but had to postpone due to the election tensions. Part of our time was to be spent at spent at La Maison (Angie's the one who directed us to your blog) and the rest on La Gonave (where I spent part of 5 summers throughout high school and college). Thank you for your transparency, humor, joy and encouragement in regards to serving in Haiti (a place and people that I love), being a wife (I too am married to my favorite person in the world), a mom (I also have 4 boys!), and in ministry (my husband is the youth worship leader and college pastor at our church). I'm only a couple of years younger than you, but I want to be like you when I grow up :)