Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Harbor House Haps

All photos in this post courtesy of Troy Livesay.  
And when I say courtesy I really just mean I stole them.  :)


Tara posted an update about the Harbor House.  Please take a minute and go read about all that God is doing to restore young women's lives.   Challenge Grant and Harbor House News


For those of you who gave money or sent items to decorate each room and make the Harbor House feel more like a home, we are still waiting for the container that is holding the items you sent.  Frustrating.  I know.  One day.  One day we'll get those items.  Then we'll post pictures of the decorated rooms.  Getting items into the country is very difficult.  Living with that frustration is a constant part of doing life and ministry in Haiti.  Being an American, delayed gratification is something I stink at.  Thankfully Haitians excel in this subject!  We wait and growl.  The Haitians wait and smile.    






Aren't these women and babies beautiful?
My heart overflows with thanksgiving when I see God's grace and mercy on display in their lives.

Don't forget to check out Tara's post!

1 comment:

Katie Thompson said...

I just wanted to thank you for your blog. I've been reading it for a few months now. God is doing such wonderful work through your family, and reading your posts gives such perspective to my life. You make me laugh, and cry, and my heart aches with so many emotions every time I read it. In Him, Katie