Thursday, April 28, 2011

Postpartum Wing Update

Yesterday I laid our heart out there about wanting to be able to serve our ladies at Heartline in a more intimate, safe way during their first 7-10 days after they birth their babies.  I totally forgot to include a way to give financially in the post.  I laugh at how "not good" I am at this kind of stuff.

Good thing God does not need professionals to do His work, or I would be in a heap of trouble.

Instead...even after not offering a way to actually give money, I got two significant emails today.  One wanting to give $10,000 to the postpartum wing.  One wanting to give $5,000.  Does that blow your mind?  It does mine.

So...I think we already have the extra $15,000 we need for the postpartum wing.  Isn't that incredible?

There is a link up on the sidebar with a way to give to the postpartum wing.  However, I think the money has been raised.  So for now, hold off on contributing.  Those of you who have already given some money (there's 300 something dollars in the chip-in meter right now) we will designate those funds to go towards supplies needed during the time the women stay with us after delivery.

Instead of asking you to give today...I'm inviting you to sit here in awe with me.

Every week I am overwhelmed by how much God loves the ladies we serve.  These are His ladies.  These are His babies.  He goes before each of them.  He hears their cries.  He hears.  He knows.

He speaks to people far away from this place and says, "Look.  Hurt.  Give."  He turns hearts toward Haiti.

In awe.  I stand here in complete awe.

It's Thursday, so I'm headed out the door to Heartline where we girls will squeal and marvel and cry over what God has done for the ladies we love.

Thank you...for giving...for praying...for being a part of what happens here in Haiti each and every week.

22 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

WOW~~WOW~~WOW
How awesome is that???

Tiff said...

Unbelievable. Amazing. Wonderful.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed you don't need me to give. :)

(You don't know me but my brother and his family currently live in Pignon and are nearing the end of their 2-year term there. I visited in November 2009 and with those connectoins I have a real heart for all things Haiti. Thanks for the deep and honest ways you share about your life and work there.)

Anne said...

I am sincerely happy to hear that sufficient funds have been pledged. After working with a capital campaign for our church a few years ago we overshot our pledge goal. The excess funds were placed into an account for future needs related to the project and the congregation. I suggest that you encourage folks to keep giving! If Heartline can accomlish the current goal with $15,000, imagine the support they could provide with $20,000; maybe $50,000; maybe $100,000!

Matt and Abby said...

So should we give now for the supplies? I am all for praising God for the amazing provision too. I am willing to give still though...

~~~~ said...

Thank You JESUS for supplying the need. Bless these dear people that are serving you with their whole Heart and LIFE!

The Fire Wife said...

AWE-some. AWE.

Janessa said...

Praise God. I sit in awe as well.

Sara said...

How very, very exciting!!! God is so good!

Sara said...

How very, very exciting! God is good!

Suzie said...

wow!

which is my version of hallelujah!

Sara Norton said...

I just got chills...WOW JESUS! I've been reading your blog since September when I moved to South Africa for three months (I've taken so much comfort in knowing that I was not alone in the way I was feeling in a strange country, away from family and anything familiar). I, too, am raising $15,000 to go on the World Race - an 11 countries in 11 months trek to bring hope and light and JESUS to the nations. I am sitting in awe with you today of how God is completely in control of things that are completely out of our control. Praise Him!!

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Oh, WOW! That is truly awe-inspiring! I am in tears!

Our God is an awesome God!!

Sarah Shalley said...

keep us updated on giving. i JUST told my husband (last night) that i wanted to send some money to Haiti. :)would still be happy to send it.

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

I was working on a fund-raiser idea with the kids for you. I can't believe God provided in such a NEAT and PERFECT way OVERNIGHT! What an AMAZING God we serve. Awesome, Heather! You really are meant to be there (I know it's hard).

Suzanne said...

That is such amazing news!! I'm thinking the God is opening wallets and doors for you folks to do amazing things in his name... What else is on the needs list? If people know what else is needed, you'll most likely find that God will prompt hearts to meet those needs to. Sometimes we just gotta ask, you know?

The Fire Wife said...

It was "WOW" 12 hours ago when you posted it. And now I just thought about it again. And still. Wow. Awe-some.

Marla Taviano said...

Hallelujah!! Thank you, Jesus!! He knew you needed a quick and amazing answer to prayer to breathe some sweet Holy Spirit wind in everyone's sails. Keep going, friend!! Keep going!

Kristin Valerius said...

A while back you posted something about recognizing Gods blessings (like 1000 gifts), and you found it so easy to recognize his good gifts in your life but you wrestled with the despair around you. What a clear sign of Gods provisions and gifts to these women-- thank you for helping us see God never leaves us nor forsakes us...even in the despairing places. You are gods gift to these women and to me.

Lauren said...

WOW I am in awe. Father in Heaven truly has His hands helping you all out. I cant keep the tears at bay. I have been reading this blog for a while and every time my heart leaps out of my chest and into haiti. I wish there was a way for my family to move down and help we would in a heart beat.

On another note I am a proud breast feeding mama and I LOVE the stories of you teaching these women. I wish there was more support in the states for it. I know more people who "couldnt" bf than did and most of those that did made it barely to 6 months. It just kills me that so many state side moms "cant" bf or whatever they say yet these moms dont have a choice and they DO IT. It is possible for all!!!

Zara said...

Holy Cow! Praise God! How does he do it???

Landreneau Family said...

Happy tears. What an awesome God we serve!

The Goods said...

praise God!! Can you give us a new need to donate to? My husband and I were just talking about how to tangibly contribute to help you guys love and care for all those new Mommies!