Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Babies, Breastfeeding, and Purses, Oh My!

Aaron updated the Mosaic Village Website.  No one faint.  Instead, check it out. 

Today I'm going to Heartline Ministries to be a part of their Women's Program.

Heartline has been near and dear to our family's heart for a little over a year.  I first found out about them when I was researching fair trade.  I was on the hunt for ways our family could use our money to do good.  We all know money isn't bad.  It can be a neutral thing.  One of the most exciting things about buying from fair trade companies is all of a sudden, money is no longer neutral.  Instead, we can use our money to do good...lots of good.  Isn't that an exciting thing about following Jesus?  Even the mundane things...like buying a purse...can turn into a way to live out the gospel in our world.

Heartline is doing meaningful, much-needed work in Haiti.  I'll bring back lots of pictures today.  For now, check out this video.  It's moving.  If you love women, babies, discipleship, or Haiti at all...you might need a tissue.



I'm so thankful for the work that Heartline is doing in Haiti to bring hope into dark places.  I'm also excited about how God wants to use each of us to be a part of ministries like Heartline.

More to come on ways you can be involved in this beautiful ministry to women.

5 comments:

mandi said...

Oh Heather! I love this! I want to have a purse party. I really, really want to hug all these mamas. But maybe we'll start with a purse party.

I can't wait to hear about your day!

Melda said...

Give my Beth a big 'ole hug!

The Mosiers said...

Heather, I am so jealous! I can't wait to hear about your day. I just want to go love on all those women and their sweet babies. Praying for the ways God is going to use you in their lives!

Claire said...

Heather,
Do you think I could donate a brand new Singer sewing machine to one of these ladies? I have an extra sewing machine that basically fell into my hands from the Lord and would love to donate it if possible. Can you let me know what you think? You can email me at claire_bellington@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for asking us how we can help.

Hendrick Family said...

Claire..

I'm going to ask about the sewing machine. It might be hard to get it down here. But I know some people who might be moving here pretty soon :)

Maybe we can send it with them to Haiti when they move their stuff.

Heather