Friday, August 13, 2010

If You're the Praying Kind...

Will you pray for us today?

I haven't slept much in the last few days.

I don't think I slept at all tonight.  Up too late with last minute packing.  Up too late spending time with my family we'll be leaving behind tomorrow.  It's 3:15 and it's time to get dressed and ready to leave for the airport.

My brother, Jason, has been so kind to travel with me to help with the boys and luggage.  He's in charge of getting 12 giant duffel bags through the airport.  Normally this giant task would be nothing for my giant of a brother.  However, he has hurt his back.  He's strong and tough, so I know we'll make it.  But he's in pain.

I'm totally exhausted.  Moving and packing are always exhausting.  I've been up late getting everything situated.  I've been up late loving my friends...holding onto every last minute with them.  It has caught up with me.

Please pray that God gives Jason strength and relief today.

Please pray that we get rest over the next few days in Haiti.  If this happens, it will be a miracle.  I have no idea what I'm walking into or how much work it will require to get the kids situated in the new house.  It's loud and bright in Port-au-Prince.  We're moving to the noise and the chaos from living in a quiet subdivision and then on a farm for the past two months.  Day and night difference.

More than anything I want to be strong and able to love and serve our kids over the next few days as they see their new home for the first time.

Please pray God keeps us well in spite of lack of sleep and that we can physically do this airport thing today.

Please pray that the stuff we shipped about two weeks ago gets released from customs today.

Please pray that we walk in the strength that God provides...that we're patient and flexible.

I'm off to take a shower at 3:30 a.m.  The weirdest!

7 comments:

Landreneau Family said...

I thought of you and prayed for you guys during all of the baby's night time shenanigans (which were a lot). I can't wait to see this unfold...your faith is beautiful!

Lara said...

Praying for you!

R said...

Praying for you! :) ...as I'm sure a hundred other people will be doing today when they read your blogpost...

"With God all things are possible!" (totally out of context but it's still true in your situation! ha)

Jenny said...

praying for you and will be all day

Jenn said...

I just spent some time here 'visiting' you and am crying right now as I type (really...and yes weird). I will pray for your family as you embark on your journey. My heart is sad for you as you leave and applauds you for your courage.

He will keep you my friend!

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

Heather, you have been on my mind and I have been praying. Thank you for giving me specific things to pray for. I know how hard it is. I also know how much God is. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. I pray that you are not under attack and that you resist all of the crazy difficulties that happen when making moves such as yours. I will pray for God to give you His peace, that surpasses all understanding....and REST. I'll pray and pray and pray for you. You are amazing.

thedickinsonfamily said...

Praying you ALL the way to your new home with your precious family. Looking forward to following this amazing journey you & your husband have accepted. You have been chosen, what a gift.
Blessings,
Meghan