Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crossfit Gave Me My Groove Back



For those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile, you know...

It was a rough year.

From about August to March I battled with some pretty yucky spiritual issues.  On top of all that I had mono and was severely anemic.  Not fun.  Not fun.  Talk about the life of the party.  That was me.

No mother of four boys should have mono.  It's a miracle all four of our kids are still alive after having a mother that tired and out of it.  It's amazing I still have friends, since I feel like I sort of fell into a hole for six months.

The combination of spiritual yuck, mono and anemia left me barely able to get my jeans buttoned and so out of shape.  Just one year ago I was running a 10K...it's amazing what six months of sickness can do to a person.  I tried fixing things on my own.  No luck.  I felt like a slug.  I seriously needed a kick start...a reset button.

Enter Jordan Morchat with Crossfit ATM.

Jordan is a sweet friend of mine (and she's Kirby's friend too).  Jordan offered to train us for about five weeks, three times a week and help us learn about nutrition.

Five weeks later, I have never felt better!  I'm back in my summer clothes.  My arms have muscles in them.  I've never known what that felt like before!  I'm eating better.  I feel better.  I am exercising three times a week.  I am back to my old self.  Jordan was just what I needed to get back on the road to feeling well again.

For those of you who live in BCS, Jordan is offering a summer special...

If I did not believe this was worth your time and money, I would not be passing this info along!  I'm not one to spend a lot of money on frivolous things, but I really believe that our bodies are a gift straight from God.  After being sick and down for so many months, five weeks with Jordan was a great investment in my long term health.  I feel so much better.


Change your life in 6 weeks!
Women’s only class!
Learn how to live, eat, and exercise properly!
When: July 5th on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7am.
Price: $200 for 6 weeks!
If you join with a friend you will receive $25 off your payment!
Limit is 20 women!
Email Jordan@crossfitatm.com for more information on location.


If you tell Jordan you read about this offer here, you get an extra $50 off!  So...grab a friend, tell Jordan you heard about this on the Hendrick blog and get six weeks of training and nutrition counseling for only $125.  After six weeks you will feel like a new person.

I'm kind of jealous I can't do it...I'm pretty sure Jordan would have me ready for the Olympics in six more weeks, but I really want to do this because I love Jordan and it was the sweetest gift to spend three hours a week with her!  You can thank me later for sharing her with you.

Let me know if you end up doing this.  I want to cheer you on!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

The year my little boy was 2, I was pregnant with my daughter. It was so hard being weak and slow while he was at the height of toddler insanity. The worse it got, the more I kept telling him, "Buddy, Mama's about to get her strength back. I promise you!" I'd never appreciated the strength of my body until that time.

This spring I did some dieting to get rid of the baby weight and at the end of it I was left with a smaller waist but no muscle! I have been running again and it feels got to have my strength back. Anyway, sorry for the long comment. I totally identify with this!

Lauren said...

Hi Heather! This is exactly what I was looking for today! Well...not exactly...because I live in Sugar Land, not College Station. Boo!

Seriously, do you (or Jordan) know anyone in the Sugar Land area who does anything like this? I badly need a kick in the pants to get my butt in gear. Any names would be helpful, if you've got 'em. Thanks!!

Ashley said...

I'm wanting to do this! Does anyone need a "friend?"

The Lopases said...

I just emailed Jordan!!

I am so glad Brian is letting me do this. I desperately want my pre-pregnancy body back. I have NO clothes to wear right now- most of my maternity clothes are either too big or are winter clothes, and none of my old clothes fit me. I was NOT one of those girls that only gains 20 pounds during pregnancy and then loses it right away. I have friends like that, and lucky for them, but that was so not me. Double, almost triple that number :)

anyway i will need the encouragement! The combination of summer and working out, even if it is indoors, makes my head hurt and makes me thirsty....

Ashley- I need a friend to sign up with! or anyone looking for a friend! email me at thelopasclan@gmail.com

Hendrick Family said...

Yay Whitney! This is a new mommy's dream! So excited for you.

Lauren...I emailed Jordan to ask her about a Crossfit trainer in Sugarland. Surely there's one there!

Heather

jordan said...

Lauren,

As of right now I do not know of a good quality gym/trainer in that area. I have sent some emails around to find one for you. I'll let you know when I hear something back!


Jordan

Kirby said...

I want to second how miraculous crossfit with Jordan has been! It is tough while you're training but worth every second of pain when it's done. I can't imagine doing it with anyone else than Jordan, too...she is so precious, patient and encouraging.

PLUS, as soon as we'd get tired and want to give up, Heather and I would just take one look at Jordan's legs and jump back down into burpees.

I am excited for you Ashley & Whitney that you'll be getting to workout with Jordan!

I love crossfit with Jordan SO MUCH that I'm even getting up at 6 a.m. to do it!!

mandi said...

***GASP!!!***
I love the new family photos! They are beautiful!

Ashley said...

Whitney- I sent you an email!

Heather - the new pictures of your family are amazing. Praying for y'alls journey to Haiti and the work that the Lord has for you there.