Thursday, May 20, 2010

LoVeD


Today

Doorbell rang

Sweet Brandy

on my doorstep

new baby in her arms

plus banana muffins and homemade cinnamon rolls.

Just wanted us to know they are praying for our family.

I blinked back tears.

Thank you, Brandy.

Today...


My sister and sister-in-law

Sat in my living room

Surrounded by a mountain of rubbermaid tubs

Sorting

Folding

Talking

For nine million reasons I'm thankful for these women.

Every day....

Since deciding to do this new, crazy thing

I feel especially needy

insecure.

Like a hurting child..unsure...

Desperately needing to be reminded that there is no airplane that could ever fly us outside of God's gaze.

Please Jesus...tell me it's true.  Tell me that story again..the one where you say you'll never leave us.

Tell me again and again and again.

Till I know it by heart

Like Good Night Moon.


In the moments when panic and sadness overwhelm me

hold me underwater

sit on my chest like a box of bricks

the only way I find my way to the surface

is to remember that the God who said "leave this all behind" is the God who knows the total number of hairs that sit on top of every Hendrick head.

Today...

In my neediness...


Heaven's love whispered comfort

through the sound of a doorbell

and the living room laughter of my loving family.

Tonight...

I am a child who feels held.  Assured.  Loved.

12 comments:

Bob & Judy said...

This really is the hardest part. Once you have let go of things, you'll laugh at how much they meant to you.

I remember crying that I was going to have to leave a closet full of craft stuff. Glue, used greeting cards, scallopy scissors. You know, stuff of eternal value like that.

Pshaw.

You're gonna be ok. Keep walking.

Hendrick Family said...

I just want this part to be over! Every room brings this emotions. But...once the stuff is in boxes, it's like it's buried.

I feel like such a whiny baby. Ugh. I am looking forward to all this stuff being out of my sight. It feels good and right to have it packed away. It's the packing part that makes me a wreck. Every day I have those moments...and I hate how wanting my stuff leads me to doubt if we should go. Super dumb.

I don't want to sound dramatic, but I can't believe what a battle this has been.

I've cried over craft stuff too. And I haven't been crafty since child number two.

Heather

Gabbie said...

I'm holdin you up sister to our Lord Jesus! This is the hard part....but sweet at the same time when in God's strength, you get through it...to the other side...and hear His "well done...faithful servant..." Keep going...get some rest...

Ursula said...

What a beautiful, touching post. Made me cry. So honest. I love that. Love that you are a normal person who said yes to God. What kind of support team are you going to need? Financial? Prayer? Care packages? I hope you'll let us know.

Jenny said...

Beautiful post.

Hendrick Family said...

Ursula...

We are going to need a support team for sure. We're working on putting that all together right now. I can't wait to share with all of you the name, vision...all that.

Aaron (and gifted friends) have been busy on all that stuff while I've been at home being a cry baby about our stuff.

We'll share all the information soon.

Thank you for asking about it. That means so much to us!

Heather

Melissa Terry said...

Your family is LOVED more than you realize and praying for His provision in every way. Keep us posted how we can help...

Love you!

Sara said...

Great post! I was praying for your family and you specifically this morning. I know it hurts to give stuff up, and then it hurts and it hurts you so much. So many emotions flood your soul. We love yall! Let us know how we can help!

Landreneau Family said...

I can't wait to see what ways we can support you guys! If I could pop over to help you out, I so would. Praying, praying, praying.

Brandy said...

You are so very welcome! It was the least I could do.
And like Ursula said, please let us know what kind of support teams you need here!

Brandy

Brettney said...

Your family is so loved. I have been praying for you. Thank you for sharing this journey with us, honestly.

Bob & Judy said...

My girl, I hope it didn't sound like I was blowing off the pain. Your beautiful home is the result of your love and care for your family. But Jesus shows us - it's a little bit because we love stuff, too.

You're right, once it's packed, it's buried. You can grieve a ltitle, be thankful for it and be thankful that you can live with stuff or without it.

And God is still good.

Keep walking.