Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Workout and Chia seed Update

I saw my lovely trainer today.

I am already so sore I had to chi my hair in stages this afternoon.

My arms just won't stay up.

And after only a 15 minute workout.

Intense!

Crossfit is like the ninja of workouts. Flies in out of nowhere. Whips your butt in record speed. Leaves your arms feeling like dead bodies hanging from your shoulders. It's all so fast you don't even know what hit you (but you suspect an 18 wheeler).

Word to your ninja mother.

I made Hayden drink chia seeds in orange juice.

He literally almost threw up on the kitchen table.

I'll try a different approach tomorrow.

4 comments:

The Kramer Family said...

CrossFit is intense! I would love to be a CrossFit girl.

We deliver to several all around Houston. And us farmers bring our law chairs and sit and watch them haul 18 wheeler tires across parking lots, throw giant balls that weigh as much as a small adult across the room, and do scary loud chin ups. I couldn't even do ONE regular chin up.

Then we give them raw milk and all-things-protein!

Teach me some moves! They are so great about technique and teaching the "right" way of doing thangs!

Plowing and Sowing said...

That is funny...can just imagine the stories around the breakfast table after that.

Rachel said...

That is so cool! I have been wanting to try Crossfit, but my hubby advises against it with the rod in my back and all the havoc it tends to wreak on my body.

As for the chia seeds, I have a hard time drinking them. They are pretty decent if you soak them to a gel in a bowl of water on the counter and add some fruit and honey to them. Even then, the gag factor is high. So I just put the gel in a smoothie where you don't notice it.

bighousetx said...

I am a crossfit girl! I love it! I feel so much stronger than I did when I started 2 months ago. It is a process, but I actually bench pressed 50 lbs. the other day! I never thought that would be possible. I have done pull ups, push ups, and felt like I could not walk after a 15 minute workout. I love it! I am not a workout girl, because I don't like to sweat, but I won't miss a workout now.

Let me know how it is going for you. I just did the FRAN workout, and I wasn't sure I would make it. But, I did it, and I was so proud of myself afterwards!

Kristen