Lynsey recently introduced me to this new work out with Jillian Michaels.
I like this work out because:
1. running is not working for me right now in this season I'm in with kids the ages they are.
2. it's cold. Working out inside is nice. I'm a winter weenie.
3. running is great and helped me maintain my weight, (and obviously is great for cardio) but I've noticed my body needs some muscle tone. Running is a wonderful thing but leaves some areas of your body unattended.
4. the workout is 20 minutes. I was skeptical at first. Can I get a good work out in 20 minutes in my house? Yes. It is killer. There are three levels. Level one made me unable to walk. Love it.
5. I want to boost my metabolism and toning muscles is one way to do that. Who knew? I need some strength training and Miss Jillian provides that.
6. The exercises are super simple. Basic movements are great for people voted "Least likely to be on a drill team." I never got lost once.
After doing the work out several times here are my thoughts:
1. While she's not as mean as she is on Biggest Loser, Jillian is a pretty scary lady. She's sort of like a pretty man....a pretty, intimidating man.
2. She makes me a little afraid. If I saw her in real life, I might get my cardio in by running away from her. Either way, this makes her a great personal trainer. I only talk trash to her, mock her and grumble about the workout while she's safely confined inside my television. In real life, if I did any of those things I'm pretty positive she'd punch me in my teeth and then give me a wedgie.
3. I had no idea real people could have abs that look the way these lady's do on the video. After doing the video a few times, I checked out my own abs hoping to magically find new ones. Nope. Mine still look like I'm wearing Mrs. Doubtfire's fat suit. Heaven, not Jillian may be the only cure for those.
4. This video makes me sore in all the places where I look at my body and think, "What has happened to me?". That's a good sign, I think.
And now for a warning...
This video is one of those that makes you so sore you no longer "go to the potty."
Instead you fall on it.
But it's 20 minutes! That's it. I feel like the time flies by, and I'm not even having fun.