Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Great Video and Adoption Update

I don't want to forget Haiti. I know you don't either.



If you haven't seen this yet, please take some time to watch it.

I watched this video in short spurts today in between lots of other things going on around my home.

Chilling

Sobering

Convicting

Inspiring

_________________________

Noel Piper mentioned this link on her blog.

If God is moving in your heart about adopting a child from Haiti down the road, this is an excellent post to read with lots of useful information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Noel Piper link, Heather. It gave a link to some great reading on helping adopted children heal. I know we will need that in our current adoption of two foster children. They have years of damage to undo.

I've thought so much about how God can use the Haiti tragedy to open the eyes of everyone to the DISTRESS of the widow and orphan. They are truly in distress, whether in Haiti or, as in the case of our new children-to-be, Houston.

It is not for the faint of heart to adopt these kids. It is ROUGH, as our current situation proves.

It also doesn't mean we are any more special than anyone in the body. It takes the whole body's support to bring children into our home and trust God to heal them. We would literally not have survived it thus far if we had not had this body around us.

If anyone ever has questions about adopting from foster care, please feel free to share our info with them. We adopted children we had as newborns and are adopting two 5 year olds now. Very different situations.

Melodi

thoughtsbyryan said...

Sweet Lord... I'm an emotional wreck after watching that video. I'm glad no one else was in my office today.

Thanks for posting this.
Ryan

Hendrick Family said...

I know.

Even in short spurts, the video pretty much ruined me.

So glad to know how to pray for the churches in Haiti though.

I think it was miraculous how God lead this team so that the rest of the church can know what is going on.

Heather