Saturday, October 03, 2009

Because He's Ten


On the day you were born I held you in my arms and thought

"I'm not sure my heart can hold all the love I feel for you."

At the time I thought the tank of my heart was full.

And then a few months later you smiled at me.

Oh how my heart overflowed with joy and adoration.

Then you laughed for the first time and started saying "Mama".

love stacked pancake style inside my soul

I watched you take your first steps.

And then the day arrived when on your very own you said to me, "I love you mommy."

I thought to myself, "Does anyone on earth deserve such sweetness?"

At every milestone I have thought..."Yep...this is the pinnacle. This is the tip top of how much you can love another person."

I have always been wrong.

Anson, I love you more today than I did the moment I held you in my tired arms ten years ago.

Ten years old

Double digits

How can that be?

We're extremely proud of you Anson and so humbled and thankful that you belong to us.

3 comments:

Bob & Judy said...

Couple of people in Mexico love you very much. We would love you even if you weren't cool and handsome and brilliant and loving and gentle and giving; we would love you just because you're ours. But you're all those other things, too. Which makes it all so much fun! God gave this family a wonderful gift on Sept 28, 1999.

Poppi and Grandma

SNM said...

Tissue please...snif, snif

sydni f. said...

happy birthday anson! your awesome!! -sydni