Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hooray for Fall


32 times I've felt summer turn to fall

Yet I stood outside with the boys on the back porch yesterday morning and kept saying...

Isn't this crazy? Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it a miracle?

What is it about the cooler weather that makes dogs, little boys and mothers want to run around in the backyard...act silly...laugh...as though we're being tickled by the refrigerated wind?

No matter how many falls I live through I laugh at how shocked I am that summer really turns to fall.

4 comments:

Erin said...

i agree!!! it makes me want to put sweaters on and make soup. but today i felt a slight momentary (very short lived) sadness because now i have to dress my baby in more clothes and i love seeing his little legs and belly... but then i got happy it isn't a million degrees outside! (oh, and my word verification for my comment is holymen...)

Stef said...

I love fall too! I love the sound the dry leaves make when they are rustling in the wind. I love the smells of fall. And... for whatever reason the cool temperatures put me in the mood to organize things. It's a wonderful season :)

Diane said...

How's your fall garden coming along?

Hendrick Family said...

Well..so far so good. Can't believe it! I'll post some pictures soon. I'm loving weeding in the cool weather!

Heather