Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Incredible



Aaron's mom sent this to us. If you have kids, I think they will be as fascinated by this as mine were.

Last night I called the boys downstairs to watch the video while I finished up the last 10 minutes of dinner.

My plan was to be dishing out the soup into bowls and finishing setting the table while they watched the movie Grandma sent.

Forget the soup.

This was amazing.

From Aaron's mom:

"It shows a young sand-painter...Her subject is World War II -- young love, separation caused by war, death, and memories of the past. The piece begins with the radio announcement of German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941 and ends with the words 'You are always near us.' "

The boys and I were in awe. Art moves this family.

I was in tears, even though I know nothing of war. Aaron and I watched a movie not long ago about young Russian soldiers yanked up and thrown into war without any training. Tragic and painful to watch.

Right in the middle of the movie Grandma sent us, Aaron rounds the corner, looks at the computer screen for a minute and then says, "What is this? Jerusalem's Got Talent?"

Way to break the beauty of the moment Honey.

And no. But you're close.

Ukraine's Got Talent.

He can be so annoyingly funny some times.

You'll look at your sandbox outside differently after you watch the movie.

Hopefully our kids will too!

5 comments:

Bob & Judy said...

Aaron is his father's son. Poppi saw me watching it and said, I promise I'm not making this up, "What's this? Russia's Got Talent?"

Meredith said...

I teach Health and this had nothing to do with what we were doing today, but I thought it was worth showing the kids. A girl in my class from Russia explained the music and the words written at the end to the entire class. It was awesome!

Hendrick Family said...

Yay Meredith!

What a cool teacher you are!

Heather

Nina said...

Hi Heather! I saw this on your blog and was just amazed! Showed it to my boys and they were immediately just as impressed as I was. THANKS!

LD said...

I know what Aaron will be building next...