Friday, August 07, 2009

Aren't Boys the Best?


I know I don't have any girls to compare my boys to, but it's hard for me not to wish every home had one of these crazy creatures inside it.

Tonight is Hayden's very first friend sleepover.

A few weeks ago, he spent the night for the first time ever with someone who wasn't a family member.

Jax Bacak

I want to kidnap this kid.

But we live right around the corner from his home, so I'm pretty sure his mom would find Jax really quick.

Tonight is also Jax's first non-family sleep over.

I explained to the boys tonight that they are now bonded for life because they shared each other's first over night, friend sleep over. I made a big stinkin' deal about how exciting this was...how cool it was to be each other's first friend to sleep over. Apparently, this kind of thing is not nearly as exciting for boys as it is for girls. I was expecting us all to jump around in circles together or make certificates after I made a big deal out of their first sleep overs.

Instead...they shrugged me off.

Boys

I always wanted a bunch of kids.

It wasn't until a few months ago that I realized something...

All my kids will have friends.

Sometimes that will make for lots of little boys running around our house and tooting in the back seat of my vehicle.

I know it sounds dumb, but I never thought about this idea before. When you have four boys, it feels like you already have your fair share of dirty, loud crazies in your life. Add to those crazies their own dirty, loud friends, and wow...I can't even imagine what the days ahead of me will look like.

Boys

I'd take another dozen or so.

Look at those cute indians up there. They spent all evening making their bow and arrows, deciding what tribe they were in (the Chero-tees) and fighting in the front yard. While helping them with their head dresses I also said, "Whoever is pooting the cheese needs to knock it off."

That's life with boys.

4 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

Ah Kristen!

I deleted your comment. I'm sorry! There was one on there I wasn't supposed to publish, and yours...I published the wrong one and deleted yours!

Your comment made me laugh. I love boys! So glad you have an older one. I might be calling you in a few years!

Heather

The Currie Family said...

Cute post!! No experience with boys....maybe some day!! :o)

You are such a wonderful Mom, your boys are lucky to have you!

bighousetx said...

You should.....They just get a lot more fun and wonderful as they get older. I look at Ashton in amazement everyday, when he says ridiculous 14 year old boy things, that only 14 year old boy minds could come up with. It is truly a joy! It's just a small glimpse into the kind of young men they are becoming. I truly treasure those moments, listening to them as they discuss their days with their friends. I am just trying to take it all in, because I know that in 4 years he will going off to college, and I will miss those times with him. I could go on and on about my boys. I think they are just about the best thing since peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until those boys are teenagers. And bigger than you. You can come talk to me when that time comes. They are FUN FUN FUN!!!

Melodi