Monday, July 06, 2009

I'm a Little Grown Up


1. What brings you to the doctor's office today?

My answer...

I have ear cancer. I'm sure of it.

Come to find out, the Amazing Doctor Bacak said I don't have ear cancer.

I just have a middle ear infection.

I guess he's right since he went to medical school and all...but I just thought you were no longer susceptible to ear infections once you were a home owner, and paid taxes and junk.

Last night, I was trying to go to sleep and my ear was killing me...I felt so awful for all the little babies in the world.

Ear infections hurt.

That's why babies act like they are possessed by the devil when they have them.

Going back to bed...

Who knows. Maybe I'll start teething tomorrow.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh man, you're not kidding. I had an ear infection a couple of years ago; I literally tried to puncture my own eardrum with an ice pick. Then I went to an ENT and made him do it. It was unbelievably painful! You do feel sorry for the little ones; no wonder they cry. I hope you feel better soon.

The Floyds said...

i totally agree, heather! i will definitely be praying for your quick recovery. i have not had an ear infection in YEARS, then about 2 months ago, i woke up in the middle of the night with the most excruciating (sp?) pain in the world! i swore i was going to die! i ended up driving to the ER at 2am and felt so stupid b/c i was crying and everying, promising the doctors my ear was going to fall off, and convinced i must have some sort of tumor that had ruptured in my brain....nope...ear infection. they gave me a shot, some drops to numb my ear for the night and some antibiotics. horrific! my heart definitely goes out to all young children when i hear they have ear infections.

Connie said...

This is so funny to me! Not that you have an ear infection. Just that an ear infection can bring a grown woman (in which case, certainly a man too) to her knees. The same middle of the night thing happened to me when Mia was only 3 months old. I called my mom at 2 or 3 am sounding like I was in labor.

O.k., here's where the funny memory comes in...My mom says this, in the most serious AND urgent voice: PUT BENGAY IN YOUR EAR.

What? Hold on, I thing my hearing has been affected....

PUT BENGAY IN YOUR EAR

Nope, I heard right. And then my dad in the background says this:

Give me the phone woman!

Obviously having snatched the phone from her he tells me this:...DO NOT PUT BENGAY IN YOUR EAR. (he repeats and emphasizes) Do NOT put Bengay in your EAR!

Um, thanks mom and dad, I'll talk at ya later.

Me and my ear will be just fine.

Anonymous said...

Mullein Garlic Oil for your ear pain, Heather! When our kids were little and had a BILLION ear infections, that stuff saved our lives! You can buy it at Brazos Natural Foods!

Melodi