Monday, March 23, 2009

The Circus is Coming!!

Who can resist a circus?

Not me!

I love the circus.

All those sparkly clothes and elephants that mind people...woo-who! Let's go!

The Ringling Bros. Circus will be here, in our town April 9-11.

Here's the coolest part...

I went to the library with the kids today and you can get FREE kids tickets if you read five books to your kids (or in my case, they read five books to me).

So here's my plan:

We got our punch card today.

I also got the kids five books to read to me.

You can start reading to your kids (or they can start reading to you) TODAY, even before you get your punch card.

THIS THURSDAY (March 26) we are going to get our card stamped for all the books the boys read.

Then

THIS FRIDAY (March 27) I am going to go to Reed Arena to turn in the punch cards, get the free tickets and buy tickets for the grown ups.

We are going to go to the Thursday, April 9 performance because (a.) there is no school for public school peeps on Friday and (b.) the adult tickets for Thursday night are only $15 each, and on Friday night they are $25 each.

Here's where you come in...

If your kids know my kids, they would LOVE for you to sit with us! But that means we all have to go together to buy our tickets so we get seats together.

If you want to go with us on Thursday, April 9 at 7:00 p.m. to the circus, then meet me at Reed Arena at 4:00 p.m. THIS FRIDAY to buy your tickets. I want to do it ASAP. I called Reed Arena and they said right now there are still whole sections available on Thursday night. I don't know how long that will last though! I asked the girl if the free tickets were for the crappy seats and she told me where the free ticket seats are. I looked it up online, and it's the same level where we always sit when we go. That's super.

So go get your books, your punch card and let's go to the circus! How fun! Since we've had kids, I don't think the Hendricks have ever missed a Ringling Bros. Circus in this town. They really are incredible!

Remember...the next day (Friday, April 10) is the Dangerous Boys Event at Yonder Way Farm. What a fun weekend!

7 comments:

Kari said...

We are in!!! Already have my punch cards! So definitely count us in! YAY! Kye is super excited and is going on a field trip on Thursday behind the scenes of the circus!

texasmcvays said...

I hope you are sitting down...McVay's are going to try to do this. We will follow your plan and send the dh to get the tix, if all goes as planned.Unless, you are buying the tickets on Friday then I will either come or drop off money at your house as we have co-op that day. hmmmm...Anyway we are going to try to do this. So the hillbillies are coming to town.

CarpioFamily said...

What in the world!! i was just gonna post on this same thing, good thing i check your blog first.
Me and Easton are going to get his card today. I'm not too sure if we will be able to buy together, i will let you know!! How Exciting!!

emily said...

count us in too! I was just talking to the girls at work and they mentioned the circus was coming soon! How exciting! Titus REALLY wants to ride on an elephant... he doesn't know they stink up close and make giant size poo... all in good time right?

Manda said...

Hey Heather!! Im new to this blog thingy and I ran into your page from my sisters... How have you been?? I see your family has gotten so big and your kiddos are so adorable!!! Well I hope all in well in Hendricks Ville!!! Miss you bunches! Amanda Hosey

Jennifer H said...

Okay, may I beg for someone to get us tickets on friday??? There is no way I'd make it back by 4:00 and who knows what deadline Chris will be working on that day! We'll get the punch cards tomorrow! Yay, the circus!!!

CarpioFamily said...

yes, we can do this! Ok, but i can't make it at 4:00 to get the tickets, can someone get them for me? I can totally drop off cash & punch card before hand. Just let me know.

-K.Carpio