Friday, February 06, 2009

My Dangerous Boy



This picture was taken AFTER Hayden had already come down quite a ways.

He was much, much higher when we found him.

This picture was taken AFTER I freaked out, my legs went numb and Aaron made his way to the back yard to catch Hayden if he fell.

This picture was taken AFTER Hayden called to us...

"Mom....Dad....come see me."

He was THRILLED at himself, and really and truly...no lie, thought we were going to be excited about how awesome of a twig climber he is.

Twigs.

Those are twigs my son is standing on top of.

When he does crazy things, the part that is the most bizarre to me, is that he is always excited to show me what he has done.

This started early...

Like the time when he put every single shoe we owned in our house...inside a bathtub filled with water.

"Come see! Our shoes were dirty, and I washed them."

Every shoe.

Not all shoes recover after a bath.

Some just don't make it.

Some days, I will admit that I think I should get paid more to raise him.

Twigs

I just can't get over it.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Sometimes the "safe" people have a hard time serving God to the fullest because they need to stay inside the box. I don't think Hayden will have that problem. God will be able to take him places and use him in ways that would make the rest of us shudder.

Hendrick Family said...

Oh Jeanie...

You made me cry.

You said out loud what God whispers in my soul so often when I look at my Hayden...I can look at him while he's up a tree, or simply in my living room floor filling up one of his famous spiral notebooks...and God will say it...

"It's going to scare you how I'll use Him."

My eyes just water up...like they are doing now.

I'll admit.

I still whisper back to the Lord, "no."

Heather

Hi. My name is Alanna. said...

I'm so glad to hear someone else has one of those children too. I never want them to lose that sense of adventure, challenge, and the fearlessness that allows them to tackle the world in ways the rest of us would never dream to try. They're ingenious, hilarious, and terrifyingly stretching at once. And Jeanie is right. Every time I come across a child like that I think how huge God is and what an impact He can make in this world with children you see the world through his eyes (like Hayden). (How else are you gonna get a good grip of what's going on in the world and what you need to do next if not from the top of some very high twigs?) ;)

D.O. said...

That picture is nothing short of excellent.

IE Mommy Blogger said...

Wow, that seems like something my twins would do. Where you are in awe of how their brains think but terrified of what could have happened.

God definitely has His hand on them ... He is the one that wired them. He knows them

The Kramer Family said...

We love you crazy boy! I'm glad your spinal cord is still in tact and the twigs held up! You amaze me.

Love,
Aunt Lyns