Saturday, January 03, 2009

My Favorite New Find


This year, I made books through Blurb to give to my Dad and his wife, as well as Aaron's parents.

They turned out way better than I was expecting. I used the all black background option and wow...they look professionally made. I also signed up to receive emails from this company and for both books, I either got a code for $10 off or a code for free shipping. You've just got to love that.

I'm in the process of making Hudson's Life Book through Blurb and putting all my pictures from last year into these books. No more paper scrap booking!

I used to LOVE scrapbooking, but like lots of things, once you hit a certain amount of kids in your home, things change.

When I had fewer kids, I would scrap book and actually roll my enchiladas.

Now I make Blurb books and every rolled recipe I owned has been converted into something that is layered. Suddenly, enchiladas become "Mexican casserole" or sour cream chicken enchiladas have become "White cheesy casserole."

Enchiladas are to casseroles as scrap books are to Blurb.

4 comments:

Molly said...

Ahh! I am so glad it's not only me that is trying to find ways to cut down on steps and make life easier!

I will have to check this out because I was just thinking about doing this instead of albums!

Thanks for sharing your find!

The Kramer Family said...

I'm in full agreement with this!

Digital is the way to go. Mac has really great photo books for those who have Macs. Mypublisher.com has really sleek looking ones too.

Some people get real fancy and design their own digital scrapbook pages, but I prefer to use the photo books and just plug the pictures in. It works for me!

Are there others out there that are good too besides the ones mentioned?

Love you!

Bob & Judy said...

This is a great idea. We love our book!

Kari said...

Love the analogy! I have gone to 1 album a year with the pictfolio album from Creative Memories. It holds enough photos to highlight a year's worth of memories and their isn't any decorating and they have these already perfect sized journal boxes! 2008 is almost complete!!!