Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

(pictures below!)

Can you believe it's 2009?

I don't know why, but thinking about how it is 2009 made me think of Y2K.

Who stock piled water?

We did!

Here's what's coming up for us...

We are moving into our "new" home in a few weeks.



It's not new in real life...but it is new to us.

We were going to build, and then before we could start we found the most amazing home. But...if you are ever going to build, wow...you need to read all these wonderful suggestions from people who have been there, done that, and have some ideas that will revolutionize your home building experience!

Another "new" thing in our life is this....


My sister Ashlyn and her sweet baby girl, Riley are staying with us for awhile. For those of you who live here...I can't wait for you to meet them. Ash has been in school at SFA, but will be in school here this semester. I'm so proud of her.

I have loved having some girls in this house with me. The boy/girl ratio just got so much better around here! There has been lots of laughter. I think Ash is one of the funniest people I've ever met. She has cool boots too that she lets me borrow...I never want her to leave!

Our house is full...but it's fun...and we're so glad to have Riley and Ash here with us. I love all the pink, all the hairspray...and there are now a million pairs of leggings in all colors and sizes in this house. It makes me happy.

Aaron is kind of crazy about Riley. She simply has to pick which finger she'd like to have him wrapped around.

Look at em.

Aaron's heart has been stolen.

I love it.

We spent New Years in Brenham with my brother and Lynsey. Aaron's family went with us, so that was super fun. I love that Aaron's family loves and knows my brother and his family. That makes the holidays sweet.

Click to play New Years
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

11 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

Happy New Year! I love your family. THANK YOU for sharing how your life has changed. I wish you a magical and blessed year. Good Luck Moving.

*Still have to get my Her Hands book...should have had you mail it to me!Haha.

The Kramer Family said...

So excited about all of the new stuff in your lives!

Love you guys so much.....all 8 of you in that crazy house!

Lyns

p.s. Your camera takes really really good night pictures. Just thought I'd also comment on the photo skills:). Thanks for sharing!

Molly said...

Loved all the good pictures. I love that Hudson is a thumb sucker! Oh so cute!

Happy New Year and how cute is that house! It just looks warm and cozy and very much like I imagine your family!

cristina said...

the new house looks beautiful. how fun! congrats.

also, i know a girl that's at a&m, she doesn't go to LH, how do i get her plugged in to join you for your "her hands" class. do you still have room?

Hendrick Family said...

Cristina!

You can just have her email me. We still have some room!

Heather

Bob & Judy said...

Thank you, Jason and Lynsey and all your wonderful family, for having such a great place for such a great party. We feel so blessed to be around the many young families, all seriously following Jesus.

Bless you, my sweet d-i-l.

For everything.

Grandma

Kercho said...

hey where is yall's new house? Are you back in Bryan? There's no way houses look that cool in CS!

Lerin said...

Wow, Riley is a cutie!!! :) Enjoy having more "pink" in your life for awhile. :)

Landreneau Family said...

I didn't know you had a sister! How fun to have more girls in the house.

And I LOVE the pictures of Hudson sucking his thumb! That's precious.

cristina said...

i JUST saw you'd replied here....i'll contact her ASAP.

Kelly Owen said...

Another Riley?! How fun! I can't wait to meet her. And I love the new house - it's beautiful. (Sorry this is a little late; I'm catching up on all my blog reading.)