Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Heart My Netti



I can't even believe I'm about to write about this.

I don't know why, but writing about this gadget is as embarrassing as writing about Summer's Eve or something.

I guess it's sort of the same thing, but just for your nose.

Let me just say again...I can't believe I'm writing about this, or that I just wrote that sentence up there.

But here's the deal...

This gadget has seriously saved my life.

We had only lived here a couple years before something awful happened to my face. It started hurting, pounding, and I was miserable.

This all progressed for some time, and finally I was diagnosed with "chronic sinus infections."

Super.

Every couple of months, I would get horrible headaches, my eyes would hurt, my face bones would hurt and my teeth would hurt. All I wanted to do was sleep and was extremely tempted to drill holes in my eye bones. On top of all that, my breath smelled like something crawled inside my throat and pooed in it.

There's nothing like an infection in your face to make a lady feel stunning.

Two things happened two years ago that changed my face and breath forever.

First, the Amazing Doctor Bacak figured out I did NOT have chronic sinus infections. After studying my chart (I know, go figure! A doctor who ACTUALLY reads your charts!) he decided I had one sinus infection that never went away. He put me on all sorts of souped up drugs, and after about a MONTH I was better.

Second, Matt Graham came to my house and told me about this weird device you use to pour hot water up your nose and make your face feel better when your face is hurting from sinus pressure. This gadget will make you want to rub it and see if a genie comes out. If one did, I would wish that Mr. Genie would explain to me what sinuses are, because I don't understand them.

I love Matt Graham for many reasons, but one of those reasons is we appreciate really gross things and can talk freely with each other about them. He lets me be gross and a girl. Aaron sits and makes fun of us. Matt's also a fun person to sit down with and think of what your three wishes would be if in fact a genie did come out of the pot.

For the past 18 months, I am pleased to announce that I have had ZERO sinus infections. Incredible! I went from having about 6-8 a year for several years to having NONE. When I was sick all the time I LIVED on Allegra D every single day for about four years (and usually on antibiotics too). Now, I may take three Allegra D's a year. Since the netti pot, I'm sickness free AND medication free. Let's all clap.

I use this device every single day.

Every day!

Isn't that nuts?

But I'm telling you, if I didn't, I would be a nasty ball of allergy ick.

So, if your face is hurting a lot, and flies drop dead when they fly past your open mouth, then I think you should try this thing.

You can buy them at any Walgreens. They come with saline solution packets. However, I ran out of those a million years ago, and have used regular old salt since then. It works fine.

I use mine every morning. It's part of my daily hygiene routine. All of you can rest easy knowing that when you meet me, I am freshly showered, and have clean sinuses. When I have a cold, or feel sinus pressure coming on, I use it twice a day until that stuff goes away.

It's really gross, but it feels really good.

You might want to lock the bathroom door when you pour hot water up your nose because these are the things my family has said to me if they wander into the bathroom in the middle of my nettying.

"Mom, are you pouring your snot out?"

"Mom, can I play with that when you're done?"

"Honey, it looks like you are trying to drown yourself."

I'm telling ya...just lock the door.

11 comments:

The Lourceys said...

Hilarious! I blogged about this earlier this year and everyone thought it was so gross! I think it's the coolest thing...here's the link to ours. http://thelourceys.blogspot.com/2008/01/nose-bidet.html

Kelly Owen said...

Oh my goodness, I'm going to buy this ASAP! I didn't know about, this but I always have horrible sinuses. And sinuses make you feel just plain awful. Thank you for sharing your wisdom; I can't wait to try it!

The Kramer Family said...

I'm not an allergy sufferer, but I know that this thing HAS seriously done wonders for you. I've heard sooooo many testimonies in the world of natural health about this gadget. People that have been on medicine for years are no longer having to drug up daily because they are flushing their face. Awesome.

Actually, in one of my magazines there is an advertisement for this and it shows the water pouring out of the nostril of a gal. Talk about GOOD advertising!

Thanks for sharing. I hope other allergy sufferers try it.

pbmciver said...

Boy Heather the things we learn from your blog, lol. I have never heard of this before. I also have bad sinuses and get bad headaches quite often so maybe this is something that I need to try.

Julie said...

Its a sign. I'm sitting here, miserable at work, headache, teeth pain, did I say miserable, so badly wanting to go home and sleep. I've heard of this. Have been instructed to use it by doctors, but Heather it goes up your nose and comes out! It scares me!

Hendrick Family said...

Don't be afraid, Julie!

You don't really drown. It takes a little practice, but once you get it, your face will forever thank you!

Heather

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

A similar product has kept me sinus infection free during my pregnancy (I'm a chronic Claritin user but stopped while growing a baby); I use the Neil Med nasal wash. It's the same thing, but instead of pouring, you squirt the water up your nose and flush it out that way. It's charming.

cristina said...

what?!? i need more info...
this needs some picture of the thing in action...i am going exploring on these other posts...

you crack me up.

cristina said...

i should have gone to the lourceys blog...those pictures answered my questions.... HA!

WELCOME TO TEMPLE OF SOLUTION said...

True life story priest omigodo brought back my lover back after 2days and also he cast a spell for my lover's mother to love me and now we are happy and our married is 28th of this month of march thanks to him once more if you are in any type of problem contact him on his email : templeofsolution@gmail.com or call am on +2348079367204 he is very helpful and friendly


Mrs jones haertd

US

Miss Joyce said...

I want to thank Dr. Ekpiku for getting my lover back to me within 48 hours. When my lover left me i was so tired and frustrated till i search the internet for help and i saw so many good talk about Dr Ekpiku of Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com and i decided to give him a try and i contact him and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get my husband back.If you want to get your lover back contact Dr. Ekpiku via email: Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com Dr. Ekpiku the great man that is able to bring back lost love