Thursday, September 18, 2008

Commit Me

Know what I just did?

Quietly - in my mind - without thinking first - I prayed for a fictional character.

"God help Claire."

Who is Claire?


A girl off Lost.

LOST IS MAKING ME LOSE MY MIND!

Last night I had to go to bed not knowing what has happened to Claire.

Why did that man take her?

Is she okay?

Will she have her baby without Jack?

What is she going to do without diapers...and orajel...and a pack n play?

Poor Chaw-lie.

His neck looks awful.

I wanted him and Claire to love each other.

I tossed and turned all night in the bed.

Claire!

Where is Claire?

And the baby...

The baby!

This is getting ridiculous.

It's one thing to go to bed too late...lose sleep...because you're watching TV.

It's a whole other thing to not be able to sleep once you do go to bed because you are worried about a fake person on the show.

It's an entirely different thing all together if you find yourself praying for a fictional character.

Do I need counseling?

7 comments:

The Heslip Twins said...

***Spoiler***
Get ready to lose characters...as the were arrested in Hawaii for DUI, they were written off the show. One lasted longer than the others, and we just lost that one at the end of this last season.

I don't think you'll lose sleep over many of them, but it was sad to see a few of them go.

Kelly

Lauren Christine said...

I lost so much sleep between those episodes!!

I understand.

I think I prayed for Claire too.

And then I tossed and turned for an hour.

Lol! :)

I just love Lost... and it's been so much fun reading about you going through EXACTLY what I went through when I first started watching it!

blessings,
Lauren

The Wakefields said...

Oh Heather, it only gets worse! Clayton and I talk about the characters like they are real people all of the time. They're like best friends!

theBirkenfelds said...

Have I told you yet how glad I am that you can finally relate to our OBSESSION with LOST?! :)

Just so you know.. we have season's 2 and 3 waiting for ya'll when your ready! :)

Jessica said...

Heather -
I struggle with this idea. I literally have had to ask the Lord if I need to quit reading novels and watching television shows because of the way I find myself emotionally involved.
In a Christian novel that I was reading last year the mom was battling cancer and everytime prayer requests were asked at work or church I would literally start to ask people to pray for Elizabeth before I realized SHE's FICTIONAL!!!!
In the end I decided that we are made to enjoy "story." God knew that...the Bible was written that way. All through history people have loved STORIES! It's fascinating how much I can get wrapped up in them.
That said, I do have to be careful that I don't spend more time praying for Elizabeth than I do for my actual mom.

Love you.
Jess

Hi. My name is Alanna. said...

LOL!!!!!

D.O. said...

awww... I love Claah.

And Chawlie.

And LOST discussion groups. Which I'm pretty sure your blog will become in February when you're all caught up and the new episodes start rolling out.