Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We're Home...All SIX of us!


Hendrickville just got a little bit bigger today.

We arrived to the house to find a sweet welcome.

Balloons, signs, notes and a mack daddy, pimp my crib, pack n play set up in our bedroom.

What wonderful people we have in our life!

We left town with no computer, so this week has been hard to keep up with everyone.

We're emotionally and physically spent, but so thankful.

The placement was yesterday (Tuesday) but we spent last night in Galveston.

I could not have imagined getting Hudson and then sticking him in a car seat forever.

I wanted to hold him! I got my wish since Hudson slept all of NO hours last night! He's a little mixed up on the day/night thing.

A baby does precious things to a household.

We'll write more about the delivery, our days of waiting and hanging out as a family in Galveston, and about the placement.

We'll slowly answer emails.

Right now, we're so tired and ready to be here, at home, introducing Hudson to all of our sounds and smells. I'm also trying to get this crazy form of breast feeding down. Yikes!

Four boys.

I am overcome with thanksgiving...and joy...and peace...and contentment every time I think of that.

Please continue to pray for our birth mom.

She's home today with no baby to hold.

Her body is broken and will forever carry the scars of the child she carried for 9 months, but no longer holds.

It will take a long time to heal.

Her milk will be coming in, with no baby to feed.

Pray.

please.

pray.

Here are some of my favorite pictures.

We'll post more soon. Aunt Lynsey is coming here with her camera tonight. I'll have some great pictures of our little man soon.



24 comments:

Brandi said...

congratulations! he's beautiful.

i'm dying to know what this "crazy form of breastfeeding" is. do you just mean bottles, or are you trying some creative bonding technique???

Randy & Rachel said...

Congrats! I've been praying and waiting for an update. Glad to hear all is well. Looking forward to seeing how God moves in the days to come!

emily said...

ahhh Heather I am rejoicing with you!

he is so beautiful!

Jessica B. said...

He's absolutely beautiful Heather!

I can't wait to see him in person.

Congratulations Hendrick family!!

Landreneau Family said...

Beautiful, beautiful boy! We are so thankful you are here!

Renee said...

Welcome Home!!
God Bless and Keep you!

thoughtsbyryan said...

Oh dang! I can't wait to meet this little guy and convince him that I'm the coolest person he knows.

I've missed you guys...
See ya soon,
Ryan

Hi. My name is Alanna. said...

Absolutely precious and beautiful and a blessing beyond words. I am so grateful there is a Creator in this world... that He was before this world and gave us the chance to in a small way create with Him. Babies are such a blessing... in a way no other creation can truly compare. I won't burden you with emails and comments and such, but I will pray every day for all of you - The Hendrick clan, Jasmine, Yvonne, their whole family... My heart is filled with so many things for all of you... so many words I want to say but won't. May God hold all of you so sweetly, tenderly, and closely now and every single day. May Jesus be her peace and comfort, your rest and guidance, and everyone's hope. Much love to you all.

The Mosiers said...

Welcome home! He is so beautiful! We can't wait to meet him!

Miss all you hendrick people!

Kari said...

YEAH!!! And Hallelujah!!!

So happy for you guys and what a wonderful, beautiful addition to the Hendrick clan of boys!!!

Can't wait to meet the little man!!

Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I purposely haven't called or emailed. Just waiting to hear the news of your homecoming as a forever family.

I love you,

Melodi

bekah said...

He is SO precious and handsome!
Oh my goodness!

What a sweet time that you will have.

I am PUMPED for you guys.

How gracious is the Lord!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

<3 <3

theBirkenfelds said...

He's here!! Everyone is home, together!! We are crazy excited and praising the Lord everytime we think of y'all!!

We can't wait to meet your precious little boy!

See y'all soon, we love y'all!

Brock and Meg

Anonymous said...

How amazing!! God is so good and not a second too late!!
Love, Loretta

Becky said...

Congratulations! Glad you are home! He is beautiful! So glad you kept running the race and now have the child that was always meant to be yours.

Carrie said...

That brings tears to my eyes. I am so happy for your fammily.

bighousetx said...

Sweet, sweet baby boy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your ever expanding family.

D.O. said...

aww... Hi baby!!

Steph said...

What a beautiful precious baby! Congratulations!

I too, am curious about the breastfeeding thing.

We'll be praying for your family as well as Jasmine.

Blessings~

Brooke said...

i can't tell you how many times i've wanted to pick up my little thai cell phone and call you guys.... just so you for sure know that i love you.... and for sure know i'm praying. now you know.


i'm trying to restrain myself from climbing in my friend's suitcase who is headed back to the States today. but i WILL be there when Hudson is a sweet little 4 month old. i cannot wait!

SaraEaker said...

Ever since I heard the news of the placement, I have just been praising the Lord for His faithfulness. Thank you for sharing this journey you took. Thank you for continuing to walk even though you felt like you didn't have legs sometimes. I love yall and I can't wait to get to know Hudson Hendrick! He will be such an amazing man of the Lord!!

Tammy said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family! Looking forward to more pics and more stories :)

kristian & katy said...

it's been amazing to "watch" you go through this process with such grace and patience. thanks for all you share.
he's amazing.

katy

The Crawfords said...

Congratulations! I just wanted to say I have been following this story and have loved reading every minute of it. God is so good! He is such a beautiful little boy and I will be praying for your family these next few months! Have a wonderful time with this sweet little guy!