Thursday, July 24, 2008

Look What I Did, Honey!


Rachel let me borrow this amazing Moby Wrap.

We saw them in our adoption training, but SERIOUSLY...I took one look at the long length of fabric and thought...

"I can't even fold a fitted sheet. No way can I figure out how to use that thing. My baby would fall on the floor."

Well...last night, I held Hudson while Lynsey and Aaron found You Tube tutorials.

Between the two of them, they figured it out.

As Lynsey was demonstrating, I kept thinking how I was going to get to bond with my baby AND look like I'm dressing up for a Star Wars convention.

Awesome.

This thing is amazing.

I put it on...acted like Princess Amidala for a second, loaded Hudson up...then, proceeded to make THREE sandwiches, get three glasses of tea, everyone some chips...WHILE WEARING HUDSON and using BOTH of my hands!

I'm blogging with a baby tied to me.

Bonding and blogging.

This Moby, multi-tasking bonding machine was made for me!

*Up to date, breaking news...

I also just cleaned up an enormous spill and mopped the kitchen floor while wearing Hudson.

I'm sitting here thinking of all the other things I could do right now while wearing a newborn.

This will be fun.

12 comments:

The Kramer Family said...

Hooray! I'm so glad. It looks wonderful and Hudson looks perfectly content. I was a bit concerned when we started figuring it out, but now I'm convinced that this is the way to go!

Love it and love u!

Brandi said...

you're gonna love it! the thing i loved about my moby is that i could wiggle the baby in & out without untying the whole mess. some days i just walked around all day with the wrap on. when its empty it just looks like a weird scarf or vest or something. way easier than trying to hold the baby in place while you tie it, like other brands of wraps.

so happy for you!

Garratts said...

I am laughing because when I first saw the picture I didn't even notice Hudson, I just thought that shirt she is wearing is not very cute.

It didn't look like something Heather would wear.

Sorry.

Brandi said...

here's lots of instructions for wraps

Claire Borne said...

How fun! And I am so so so excited for you guys! What a blessing!

Love you so much and more!

Cwaire

Sarah Shalley said...

YAY! That's exciting. I know you probably feel better being able to take care of ALL your kiddos at once. You look so freakin' adorable WEARING your child. I love it! Can't wait to see more pictures of him.

pbmciver said...

Heather, that is a very beautiful picture. You are so glowing and I am very happy for you. Can't wait to see him at church! Oh, and yep it is so neat - all these new mom gadgets they come up with every year just amazes me. Makes you wonder what they will come up with in 20 years to outdo the ones out now!

MacKenzie said...

I'm a little late to the game but Congratulations! He is so adorable and I'll be praying for your bonding to go smoothly, which it seems like it will be with such a neat tool.

Jenn said...

you are beaming heather. thats beautiful.

Hi. My name is Alanna. said...

Sweet! I wish I knew about those when I had babies!!!! All the things I could've done... I'll just have to settle for all the excuses I made NOT to do them instead... ;P

You look incredibly happy - and I know it's not just the wrap. :)

lisasmith said...

Wow. Seriously.

Rachel said...

Yeah! I'm so glad it is helping you. You look so happy, and he is precious.

If you don't like the feel/look of it spread over your shoulders, you can wear it more like a tank top, if that makes sense.

Lots of kids have asked me how I got a baby in my shirt. It cracks me up.