Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Honey!

Right in the middle of our time in Galveston, Aaron and I celebrated our 12th anniversary.

And I do mean celebrated.

Not celebrated in the way we normally celebrate our anniversary.

I was hardly up for a date, and everyone in one hotel room made it hard to "do other traditional anniversary things."

HOWEVER...

Here's what went through my stressed out, emotional, basket case mind on my 12th anniversary:

"There is no one I could be going through this much "stuff" with today. No one but Aaron."

Twelve years ago, Aaron and I could not have walked through this hot of a fire and come out strong.

No way.

Twelve years ago, Aaron would not have known how to love me through those four intense days in Galveston, waiting on our son.

Twelve years ago, I would not have known to lean on Aaron...wouldn't have known how much I needed him, how much I could depend on him, how weak I could be because of how strong he is.

Twelve years ago, we would not have made it through something like this, feeling loved, feeling cherished, feeling like we had each other's back.

That's something to celebrate.

I love you Aaron.

Lots.

You're my favorite person.

You're my first choice.

I'd pick you and only you any day to laugh with, to be silly with, and to walk through tragedy, pain and sorrow with.

No one but you.


5 comments:

Denese said...

Thank you so much for your post today Heather - you'll never know what an inspiration you've been to me personally in the past couple of months. May God keep blessing you and all of those wonderful "men" in your life! With love & gratitude, Denese Kiecke

Lerin said...

Happy Anniversary! Heather, we are so thankful for your blog. Although we've never met face-to-face, your writing has truly affected our marriage in such a positive way! We thank God for your sweet family.

Aaron said...

Yeah, I guess we did that anniversary a little different than most people.

I mean, we went on a trip like other people, but instead of buying souvenirs we brought home a new baby.

Heather, I can't even begin to type how much I love you and enjoy you.
These 12 years have been the biggest blessing and the most amazing gift from the Lord. Even the rough parts.

I can't wait until 12 years is 50 years and we can look back and be even more amazed by how great and gracious God has been to us.

But we probably won't bring a newborn home from our 50 year anniversary trip.

I love you.

Aaron

Anonymous said...

THANKS for this. definitely needed it.

spanki said...

i just found your blog, i meet your sister-in-law at a photography class from shauna maness, the funny thing is, i have been told to visit your blog by a friend of mine who has a friend that attends your church, i know this is confusing, but it just seems like this world is such a tiny circle. anyway, i have been engulfed in your stories for days now, you are an amazing woman and have an awesome family. thank you so much for sharing all of your life with us, you are a blessing to even those of us you have never met- thank you