Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

to the dad with super powers

whose voice

stops little boys dead in their tracks

whose name

brings excitement

and at times

heavy dread

whose truck

causes little feet to run to the front door

who out loves us

out gives us

out serves us

whose words

bring life

encouragement

correction

and matter more than any other words in the air

whose presence brings peace

laughter

security

who is

gentle

yet strong

safe

yet feared

respected

yet

tickled

wrestled

and

mooned

We love you Super Daddy

1 comment:

Ryan Price said...

Yes yes... Aaron is a super cool guy. Since I am basically living in your house right now as a fourth child, I feel obliged to wish you a happy father's day. BUT... since I don't really want to be held to the same standards as a 6 year old child, I wish you "happy day" my friend. Keep being a super-duper dad to those kiddos and role-model to us older kiddos.