Friday, May 02, 2008

Fun Times, I Tell Ya! Fun Times!

I ADDED A LOT OF PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM
AND WROTE MORE ABOUT LAST NIGHT.


How do you drive in a wedding dress?

You don't!

I went over to Kirby's house to get ready.

I knew I couldn't drive in my dress, and I knew I would be hot once I was in my dress...and I also knew Kirby's house would be REALLY cold since she's pregnant. It was perfect.

How fun it was to get ready with my sweet Kirby.

I felt like I was in high school again.

Normally, I just get ready with boys in the bathroom, watching me putting on mascara, saying "Why are you doing that mom?"

It was nice to be in a bathroom with a girl again. I have missed that!

Kirby proved that no matter how hard she tries, she simply cannot pull of, "hideous." She's too beautiful. No matter how hard she tries to look like trash, she always looks gorgeous. I looked at her in the outfit she thought was over-the-top gross and thought, "I would let her be in my real life wedding looking like she does right now!"

Eating at Pei Wei was the best. A bunch of us were in line, and I heard a guy talking to someone. They were trying to decide what we were doing, without asking us. Finally he said..."They must be in a play!" Ha!
Look at these beautiful ladies!

I love these women.


I also love Pad Thai so much I would marry it.


Then we headed back to the church for cake. Caryl Merchant and Erin Whitley brought us the cutest wedding cake! Need a cake? Call Sweet Memories! That Erin Whitley...she knows how to make cute happen.

We ended up watching Runaway Bride.

We got to look through wedding albums and talk together...and snuggle up and watch a movie. It was a great night.

I should have asked the guys to come and decorate our cars with shoe polish while we were watching the movie. That's the only thing I regret...

But, my house was filled with boys watching Man Vs. Wild...so it would have been hard to tear them away from Bear Grylls doing something disgusting in Zambia.

Stephen Ward was at the "Big Event" taking pictures.

He'll have his photos up for us to look at/buy sometime on Sunday or Monday.

Until then, if you have pictures you are posting somewhere, will you send me the link so I can include them here?

What was your favorite part of the evening?

Did you learn anything wonderful from the ladies at your table?

Did you notice people noticing? I did!

9 comments:

Jennifer Bacak said...

Oh, feeding you cake was obviously my favorite part! No, not really.
Going in a group (being the oldest of course! Stink! At age 32...)of beautiful God-fearing women, and my Emma, age 7, being the youngest. Having my daughter participate in Biblical marriage conversations was cool. Knowing that the women I am pouring into, and more that will come behind them, will be pouring into my sweet daughter. I love it.
Loved every minute.
jenn

blaire blanchette said...

Heather,

You and Kirby look like two of the Dixie Chicks...the two sisters when on of them decided to die her hair dark. Can you see it? Maybe its just the cowboy hats and denim jackets that are making me see it...

I can't wait to hear all about this! And, the cake was so cute! I was thinking it was going to be a sheet cake...but wow! It'a a LEGIT wedding cake!

The Heslip Twins said...

I'm soooo sorry I missed this! We were out of town 2 weekends ago, and then Mark was out of town all last week working, so I was not faithfully keeping up with my blog reading, and totally missed what was going on! Next time, can you e-mail me so I don't just miss it totally because I would love to meet some new girls.

Kelly

Hendrick Family said...

Yes, Kelly! I will. I'm sorry you didn't know!

Heather

Jenn said...

ah! those are incredible pictures. Praise the Lord for women who will teach us and guide us and take time to love us ... we college girls need it!

heather you look awesome in those boots!

cristina said...

yay! finally got to see this today---reading your post and seeing the pictures made me smile. how fun! :)

Anonymous said...

i loved so many things about friday night. i absolutely love costume parties and the like, so getting to wear a wedding dress with ladies from my church was just great.

i was wearing emily's wedding dress and a really stinkin' cool hat she has, so i definitely got looked at weird. i think my favorite moment of the night was walking through abuelo's when a guy at the bar yelled out to the entire restaurant, "did you just get MARRIED?"

yes. and then i came to abuelo's with a bunch of girls. ha!

so, that was fun. and we had really great conversations with our group. it was extremely edifying and humbling to know that you ladies love us so much that you'd give up one of your precious friday nights to come hang out with us and spur us on to absolute purity.

i just love the community we have at living hope, and i pray that each of the extensions have it just as much as we do.

~joleah

Anonymous said...

BTW, during Man vs. Wild, I asked Ashton why Bear just jumped into a waterfall in Zambia.

Ashton looked at me like it was the stupidest question ever and responded,

"Because he's Wild."

Classic.

-Brock

texasmcvays said...

I missed the first one because I was in RV isolation. I missed the second one because or Ministry obligation....can I pleeeeeeez go to the next one pretty pleeeeeez with wedding cake on top.