Monday, April 28, 2008

He did it!


Anson's only goal at the beginning of soccer season was to score a goal.

This weekend it happened.

Oh the joy on his face!

He was beaming.

It was so exciting.

I was caught off guard, it sort of came out of nowhere. All of a sudden my boy had the ball. He kicked it half way down the field, both teams following him...then...huge kick...

AND HE SCORED!

Anson jumped all over that field.

Happiness exploded out of him.

It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I screamed all over the side lines.

A little too much....

And a little too loud...

But my boy scored, and he was so surprised and precious.

After it was over Anson said, "Mom...you went nuts!"

I did.

I hushed when I looked up and saw Anson looking down at the ground...but with a HUGE smile on his face.

Go Anson!

8 comments:

Bob & Judy said...

HOORAY!

We're so proud of you! (Of course, we always are!)

SO EXCITING!!!

Anson, you are terrific! Whatever you decide to do, you learn to do, even if at first you think you might not like it.

The Lord has blessed you with many gifts, and it is wonderful to see you use them.

D.O. said...

Anson, you've successfully accomplished something that I've never done in my whole life. I've never scored a soccer goal.

Great job man.

Oh, and when your parents go nuts in the stands, no matter what sport you're playing, it's their weird way of showing that they love you. Mine did it for a decade without even coming up for air.

Garratts said...

WHOO HOO ANSON!!!!!

BHG & Co. said...

Good job Anson!

I have mixed feeling because I used to play goalie... but I am very excited for you.

Bill

The Kramer Family said...

I'm so thrilled for you Anson! That is pretty HUGE! I wish I could have seen it and your mom go nuts. That would have been awesome.

Really, I want to know what your dad's reaction was too? I can see him smiling from ear to ear saying,"Good job Anson." But, I don't know about going nuts. That is totally your mom!

Maybe you could put a play by play on your blog.

Love you kiddo!

Kari said...

Way to go Anson!!! A HUGE deal!!

And just from one too loud and maybe too crazy mom on the sideline to another....

They are our babies.... we MUST cheer for them because we LOVE them and are PROUD of them!!!

And... if I do say so myself ;-)

If we didn't..... it(we) would be missed!!!

PROMISE!!

Super job, Anson!

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Anson!!!!!!!! I expect a slow motion replay at my house. (of you AND your mom) And an autograph.

Love,

Mrs. Melodi

Anonymous said...

Anson,

I didn't know this buddy!! Congratulations!!

I'm sorry we haven't been able to come to another game--we've been gone every Saturday afternoon for the last few weeks.

But you just keep the goals coming and maybe we'll be able to watch you on t.v. someday?!?!?!

Brock