Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All in a Morning...


Yesterday, I was going over Ashton's Cubbie verse.

He's supposed to say, "Worship the Lord with gladness."

Instead, he looked up at me and said...

"Worship the Lord with glasses."

We started laughing.

He knew something was wrong, because we were laughing...so, to fix this, Ashton tried again...

"Worship the Lord with glasses (long pause, scrunched up face, looking so confused)...on your face?"




Later in the day, I looked up from doing Language Arts with Anson JUST IN TIME to see Hayden holding a HOLE PUNCH up Ashton's nose. He was just about to squeeze when I screamed, "HAYDEN! No!"

This is my child who I constantly pray for more PRUDENCE. He's getting better, but obviously, the Lord still has some work to do.

"What were you doing?" I said in a panic.

"Making another hole in Ashton's nose."

Ugh!

I asked Ashton, "Why would you just sit there and let him do that to you?"

To this, Ashton calmly turned his head towards Hayden and said in his sweet little voice, "No, Hayden."

6 comments:

Kari said...

Isn't it amazing how different little people can be coming from the same 2 big people!?!

I can totally picture both of the boys in this situation!

alisha said...

i love your boys.

Bob & Judy said...

Most of our church worships the Lord with glasses.

(Hey, the word verification thing is KBTXOA. Appropriate.)

Angie said...

HAHAHAHAAA I love that kid. This reminds me of the time me and my younger brother (also 18 months apart) were throwing rocks at cars as they drove by our house.

Why? I don't know. We also broke a sliding mirror door with linkin' logs when we were reenacting the "Gold war"...you know, after the "Silver war" (---civil--didn't quite make that connection at 6 years old)

Becky said...

I love that verse!! That is why I work with Cubbies at our church!!!! Gotta love boys/brothers!!!
Keep running! All you need is at least 1 more!!! :o)

Ryan Price said...

Already becoming a piercing artist?? I'm telling you guys... that boy is gonna grow up to be a tattoo covered, pierced-up, long-haired hippie! And I mean that in all the best ways. I love that kid. And the other two. Funny stuff...