Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hendricks Go Wii, Wii, Wii, All the Way Home




I got done with the calendars, and then we headed out to see my brother, Lynsey, KK, Laney Rae and my Aunt and Uncle who live in Brenham on Yonder Way Farm. Lynsey's whole family was there too...love those people!

Going out to the farm is one of our favorite things to do.

I love seeing the boys running around being boys, exploring and finding scary critters. Although Hayden was not in any pictures, he was there...he was just far too busy looking for bugs to be in a silly picture.

Little did I know when we ventured out to Brenham that this trip would mark the last evening I would be able to use my arms without feeling intense pain.

We came home with a Wii, and I've never been the same again.

Right now, life before aching arms and shoulder blades seems like a distant memory.

We came home, set it up and I boxed like a crazy lady.

I love boxing.

But, I can't beat Anson, so I keep trying it over and over...which means, eventually, my arms go numb and just hang loosely by my sides.

I have been so sore, that I cringe when I wake up at night and know I need to roll over or reposition myself.

And just when my arms start working again...even just a little...I go right back to punching faces in. It's crazy.

I sweat and work out harder than I ever have at the gym.

Right now, my Wii age is 66...but I don't care. Aaron's is 32...so wow...he really digs those older women.

I will probably never get any Wii younger because I only want to box. Baseball and bowling? Pu-lease. I just want to beat people up. I have perfected my upper cut and side arm to the head and to the kidneys. Be afraid...very afraid. I will box your gallbladder right out of your bellybutton.

Aaron emailed me this link...all the lady Wii owners, can clap with excitement with me! I can't wait!



Hooray for being crippled!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

i want to play your wii with you! that means i'll have to be able to move so it might be awhile, but i've been dying to try one!

Hendrick Family said...

Yes! Get well Kelly so I can punch you in the face!

Heather

Mindi said...

Hey! My latest blog entry is titled "Wii wii wii all the way home too!" Great minds think alike, huh?

So . . . how do I get that Wii Fit thing? Is it out, or just coming soon? Or did someone make it up? I am going to google that now . . .

I am crazy sore too and I haven't even TRIED the boxing yet!!! I'm loving the tennis! I feel just like a real athlete - you should see my backhand!

Hendrick Family said...

Yes! Great minds do think alike. I'm going over to your blog right now.

Aaron said this comes out in January some time, but I am afraid to know how much it will cost. We may need to form a Wii Fitness co-op.

Heather

BHG & Co. said...

So much fun... maybe when reading is done, and we have the time and we get to college station and you have the time... we'll have to get together then and play.

I wonder what my wii age will be?

The Kramer Family said...

We LOVE having you out at the farm too!

Okay, I'm officially addicted to your salsa. I can't stop eating it. 2 salsa jars later and 2 bags of chips later we are fresh out.....and I've only had it here for 2 days. That's awful!

I've decided Wii need a Wii! Since we don't have cable or any channels I think this would be perfect! The fitness thing looks incredible.

Wii will have to give the Wii a spin at the Hendricks!

Love you!

The Kramer Family said...

I'd like to bring attention to D.O.'s header in the margin. It no longer works and needs another addition to the end of it, right?

Random but true.

Jennifer Bacak said...

Yes, I can attest to the soreness.
I played one game and then was crazy sore! One game! I'm not an old person who hasn't moved vigorously in over half a decade! No! But when I boxed Heather (AND WON. Gallbladder still intact.) I was seriously sore.
The Wii is so fun! Exercising something besides your thumbs playing a video game is cool.
jenn

Palermos said...

I was so sore the first (and only) time I played the Wii! I felt like I had just worked out. It's awesome! I definitely want to try out the fitness thing..after Brody is born of course. Maybe it will help me lose the baby blubber. I'll come over and you can punch me in the face!

Schmale said...

Heather, you ARE good at that boxing, I'm sore and you dominated me; however, watching you play was totally worth getting KO.

As always, I love your family and I love your home and I love your boys and I'm so thankful for your place in my life. Thanks for the bed to sleep in and so so much more.

Jessica

LD said...

Just in case you haven't seen this version of the commercial yet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

:)

Kirby said...

oh my gosh!

we will so be over there! we LOVE the wii!

Anonymous said...

heather check this out you'll enjoy it (aaron you shoudl watch this too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

It's a parody of the wii fit thing



-Kercho