Monday, December 31, 2007

And Then...

On Christmas Eve, we headed out to Santa's Wonderland to see the lights and to listen to some friends of ours sing. We go every year to see the lights, but this was the first time we got out and went into the little "city." It's so neat.

The Bacak Nation goes every Christmas Eve and gets out...so we had so much fun meeting them there.




Then...

I experienced another Christmas "first."

I rode a bull.

Could I be more stupid?


When I got on the bull, I said to this nice man helping me...

"I have never done this before. How do I stay on this thing?"

He replied...

"Just hang on."

Thanks.

Super.

And then the wicked fast bucking began.


At least it felt like wicked fast bucking to me.

The legless bull was bucking and I was screaming...

"I'm falling, I'm falling."

And then it bucked me off and threw me...

But I landed on my feet, which made me so happy.

While I was being knocked around mercy-less-ly, I imagined being thrown right over the fence onto the people watching me....kind of like that girl on Saturday Night Live, who sticks her fingers under her armpits and then smells them...that's how I thought I would land. But I didn't! I landed like a gymnast...in my mind, so if it looked differently to the people watching, no one better say anything...because I felt like a rodeo bull rider and then a gymnast, and I want to keep it that way in my brain.

Bull riding...

That's one more thing I can mark off my long list of things I never really wanted to do, but managed to do anyway.

Oh...the best part...

Since I rode the bull, Aaron is buying me a new apron.

Here's the one I want, honey...

1 comment:

derrickoliver said...

First off, Ashton, and his hat, are precious.

Secondly, Hayden's got the photogenetics down pat.

Third, my favorite part was "Could I be more stupid?"

Finally, I think the high was 0 today. You'd have loved it.