Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bbbbbbrrrrriiiiiinnnnngg


The sound of the phone ringing used to be just that…

Ringing.

Now it means…

Can we walk around in your house?

Can we buy your house?

Can you put your things in boxes and leave?

Every time the house gets shown and I rush the kids out the door (after I’ve hidden dirty dishes in the oven) Hayden always cries.

“I will miss my blankie. I will miss my stuffed animals.”

He thinks cleaning the house and leaving it means we sold it…and everything in it.

Anson and I do our best to go over again and again that we’re going right back home and no one will take his blankie...but he doesn't believe us until he walks back in the door and sees for himself.

The sound of the phone ringing used to be just that…

Ringing.

Now it means…

We’re bringing you a baby.

A cute little brown baby.

Get all excited.

Go tell everybody.

It’s incredible to see what a ring can do to my insides as I hurry and look for the phone.

I’m like one of Pavlov’s dogs…except, when the phone rings, I don’t spit all over myself.

I run around making beds, flusing toilets and wiping everything I see with a Clorox Wipe.

The sound of a phone ringing used to be just that…

Ringing.

Now it means…

Change

Bring on the ring!

6 comments:

texasmcvays said...

Yes the sales process is hard on the little ones with the rushing, running and crazed cleaning mom. Change for God is good..thanks for the reminder. I pray your house sell much more quickly than ours has taken thus far!

Jennifer Bacak said...

Don't worry, at least half the time that ring is just me.
jenn

Hendrick Family said...

I actually thought about writing that in the post, Jenn!

The sound of a phone ringing used to be just that...

Ringing...

But now it means...

Jenn is calling! Funny!

UW said...

Well if that is what a phone call brings you I won't ever answer your phone. I really dislike change.

Brandon said...

wow. Pavlov's dogs. I'm impressed. It would be funny, though, if you did start drooling at the sound of a phone ringing. Because, if you think about it, you would be drooling all the time because of the abundance of cell phones everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Brandon that was an extremely random comment, but definitely true.~Liz