Monday, October 09, 2006

Ding Ding Ding Ding Da Da Ding Ding


Who will admit, besides me, that at least some piece of you actually considered buying Darrin’s Dance Grooves?

Who wanted to hip-hop? Huh?

Who actually bought it? Double Huh?

Believe me, I barely resisted the infomercials, especially during my weak points when I would be up in the middle of the night, feeding a baby while I was looking up at the TV…and then looking down thinking, "Why is Mrs. Doubtfire sitting here in her fat suit nursing my baby?"

Oh! I was wearing Mrs. Doubfire's fat suit...and it wasn't a suit...oh no...

It was just flabby me.

Those infomercials were awesome…even at 3:30 a.m. They made me want to stand up with my nursing newborn, gather up my flab and pump up the jam.

Pump it up on the living room floor.

I wanted a place to stay…Hey…get your boody on the floor tonight.

Make my day.

Exercise AND be a fly girl?

What could be more fun?

For those of you Gold’s Gymers, this dream can become a reality.

Now I sound like an infomercial.

But Fashizzle dough…

We’re going together, as a group to BODY JAM.

Body Jam.

Are you feelin’ it?

BODYJAM is the cardio workout where you are free to enjoy the sensation of dance. An addictive fusion of the latest dance styles and hottest new sounds puts the emphasis as much on having fun as breaking a sweat. Funky instructors teach you to move with attitude through this 55-minute class.

I got that straight off the Gold’s Gym website.

Who’s in?

I said we’re going as a group…but right now, it’s just me and McKaycee the Cool Girl Drummer.

I don't think two people count as an offical group.

But I do think that McKaycee the Cool Girl Drummer already sounds like she's a fly girl.

It’s just not fair.

I need a fly girl name.

Everyone who goes gets a fly girl name.

How fun!

Here are the times and dates when we can get jiggy at the gym:

Wednesday, October 11 from 7:45-8:45 in CS
Monday, October 16 from 7-8 p.m. in CS

Who’s in?

Who’s going to be super fly?

Who’s going to wear a bandana?

Kirby you can’t go because the song says, "Get your boody on the floor tonight, make my day" NOT "Birth your baby on the floor tonight, no stinkin' way".

But you can be a part of this, Kirby. We may need some fashion research a sap.

What do we wear?

Should bandanas be worn just on our heads, or maybe around our knees, or are bandanas out?

And what about backwards hats? Visors?

Gold chains?

Overalls? Backwards overalls?

I heard Hip Hop Can Make ya Jump. Jump.

Banana Fanna Make Ya Jump. Jump.

Who’s getting a new nickname?

If they play Ice Ice Baby while we’re there, I swear, I’m going to the front of the class and doing a dance solo.


I'm going to look like this girl...

Well...this girl if she were on psychotropic meds.

25 comments:

freemans4jc said...

Would I have to do the "whole"
class? I think the whole hour just might kill me!

Tempting, but my brain keeps telling me I would need to get in shape to go get in shape!

Let me get Kathryn to give me some of her great encouragement and I'll get back with you! It will make for an entertaining evening for all should I accept the offer!

Cindy

LD said...

Oh my goodness, Heather. This post makes me want to quit school and move back to College Station. I'm going to find a way to do a rotation there just so I can go to body jam with you.

Kathryn Berilla said...

I am so in and I am dragging Cindy kicking and screaming. Is that encouraging?

You can do it Cindy. What is more fun than a group of women laughing at themselves and getting in shape while you do it.

Hendrick Family said...

Hi Lauren! I wish you could go with us. It would be very funny.

So Kathryn's in...

I dub her Lil' Krunk Kat.

Cindy will now become...

Kickin' C

Who's next!

I love you Homies.

Hendrick Family said...

I'm going to make name tags for our class.

Cause...I'm sure real homies wear name tags.

Kathryn Berilla said...

Anna is teaching and she wears bandanas, so we should wear bandana's...but she also wears little tank tops and a belly button ring...we won't do that.

I like my name...bring on the tag
Lil' Krunk Kat...I will have my Emperors New Groove on!!!

the Apels said...

Heather,

I definitely think you should wear a bandana with your hair in two braids...that would be super-cute! And...do you have a camo t-shirt? I think you should wear that with some of your cute garage-sale capri workout pants...hope this helps...you'll at least "look" like you fit in, before you ever even start moving.

Anonymous said...

As a self-proclaimed bandana expert, I would recommend that you wear your bandana one of two ways:

1. Worn as shown in the picture, folded in half (joining opposite corners) and tied in the back.

2. Worn as a head band. This allows the top of your head to breathe, which is essential for your body to release heat. Fold bandana in half, opposite corner style, then starting at said corners, fold in towards crease about 1 1/2 to 2 inches (thick is very cool). Tie in the back.

lisasmith said...

OK...I posted here this morning and am only checking back to find out my nickname...what's up with that? Am I the only one who CANNOT read these silly letters at the login box? I absolutely know that's why my post didn't post!!!@!!!! so, what's up with that???

Anyway, count me in...bring on the funk...ya'll won't be laughing at me because you will be too busy trying to be cool (hopefully)

Lil Krunk Kat you have to call me so I don't forget...

Monday night at 7? If Lisa can get krunky so can you Cindy!!

freemans4jc said...

I am really feeling a bit nervous, I was all brave and everything posting to this when I thought it was just a joke!

Kathryn, my friend, you know how I do with these Gold's Gym classes. (Classes to Cindy are like running to Heather!) I'm beginning to think you like laughing at me so I am going to go ahead with this and give all of you a great night of laughs as long as Kathryn will continue to remind me that I am still breathing.

Cindy

Kathryn Berilla said...

My dear sweet Cindy

You can conquer this.

Heather conquered running, it was not two hours, but 10 minutes which is a HUGE conquer.

As we all know we are more than conquerers.

You do not have to get into shape to get in shape. Each little thing you do gets you one step closer. So even if you do a little and then stop and then do a little more that is AWESOME. And then you will begin to get more comfortable in the classes.

Look at me, the first time I did step, I fell down and ran out of the room and Lisa had to follow me and PRAY with me right in the middle of the gym. Praise God!!

Now I can do RPM and REALLY turn up the dial. As Kaycee the Cool Girl Drummer, she has seen me sweat my patooties off!!

The reason we all laugh at each other is because we love each other and we can do that. We are making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.

I love you, my friend.

PS. Heather needs a cool fly girl name. If anyone has suggestions.

Something like

Hip Hop Heather

Hendrick Family said...

Oh Lisa...

You shall now be called:

Fly Funky Li

I love it!

Hendrick Family said...

And maybe I should be

Hiphop-opotamus

I saw that on something...it was funny.

Or...

Bust A Move Bling Bling

I love the word bling...so something with that.

Where is Jenn?

I know she wants a nick name.

And ASHAWE? You have to go. Sorry!

Hendrick Family said...

Kickin C,

You are going to be just fine! No worries.

Lil Krunk Kat is right. We can do it! Nothing to it.

Rescue pack, coming to the rescue.

Sorry...that was from Go Diego Go.

Master Kaycee said...

Why haven't Jenn or Ashley posted anything on here yet. Don't think you're not going to be apart of this. McKaycee the cool girl drummer says you must and since I was the first one to have an official fly girl name, I have the authority to say you have to go. Only pregnant people and people who really can dance are getting out of this one. AND I think we should where bandana's with our fly names written on them.
And here's the thing...Hiphop-opotamus forgot that I take spanish at LH on monday nights until through Oct. I might get shunned if I skip class for Body Jam. So are there any other times that work for you all? Do you all have HG on Wed? What about Tuesday? Heather and I could run over after HG. Or we'll just give kickin' C a few weeks to get in shape. Although, I have a feeling, cordnation/rythme might be more helpful that being in shape. You'ld think that since I'm a drummer I'd be set but you all will soon see that I'm not as graceful with the dance as I am the drum.

Jennifer Bacak said...

Okay, sorry so late on this one.
I might be exempt because of my MAD dancing skills. Anyone believe me? Didn't think so.
I'm in for Wed. nights, though 7:45-8:45 is way past the hour that I usually get my Jam on. It's when I get my PJ's on. But I'm down with it, Yo.
Is anyone reading this thinking we are the craziest white girls, like, Suburban Moms on Crack, or something?
Hit me with a nickname.
jenn

Kathryn Berilla said...

Kaycee, I heard that y'all had this coming Monday off for Spanish...not sure, you may want to check.
Kickin C and I have HOPE group Wed and Fly Funky Li has a Bible Study on Wed.
Jivin J (I made that up...Heather you can call her whatever you want) can you do Monday?

Master Kaycee said...

Ya, lil krunk kat, I have this Monday off of Spanish, HOWEVER, I will be flying back from South Dakota. I went for a long weekend to spend sometime with my family. But if Monday is the only time that works for the majority, go ahead. Please just have someone video tape it!

Hendrick Family said...

Here's a quick thought...

This week is RELATIONSHIP week for HOPE Groups. I think this could DEFINITELY count as relationship building.

Does everyone still have HOPE Group this week on their regular night.

I REALLY want Kaycee to get to go with all of us.

This has all become far to complicated for my brain to figure out. I don't do well with times and charts and stuff...and it seems like this could take a chart to organize.

Who can do charts and hip hop dance?

I'm out.

Oh...and Jenn is Jammin' J Train. I think she already calls herself that at home.

Heather

Master Kaycee said...

Great idea for relationship week! I get back this monday night so I can do pretty much any night. I think there's Body jam at 8:30 on Tueday night and Heather gave a time for Wed night? Would any of that work for any body?

Kathryn Berilla said...

I think Wednesday night is best since the kids klub closes at 9:00 pm.

Hendrick Family said...

Yes! Let's do Wednesday night. Is everyone in?

Everyone as in:

McKaycee the Cool Girl Drummer
Lil' Krunk Kat
Kickin' C
Fly Funky Li
Jammin J Train

AND ASHLEY????

Master Kaycee said...

I'm in...WED 7:45 in College Station. What a night that will be...9:00 season finale of Project Runway...10:00 season premire of Top Chef...does it get any better!

Kathryn Berilla said...

Heather

We have one more fly girl that needs a name, Katie Fuller wants to join us.

Hendrick Family said...

Way to go, Katie!

I dub thee...

KateDaisyBenz